Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Really nice truck
By Mike

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced my S10 crew cab with the Sport Trac. Ford did a really nice job with this truck. It handles much better than my S10 and is very comfortable. I really like this truck and would highly recommend it. It feels very solid and safe.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the chrome on the dash. It makes a glare in the windshield

SportTrac 07 Limited
By DBrown

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned a 2003 SportTrac, but the 2007 is far superior in fit and finish. I purchased the '07 SportTrac at its introduction in fall of 2006. I have approximately 27,000 miles on this vehicle and it's great to drive. Handling is excellent and it has great curb appeal and really draws a crowd. I am always complimented on "What a great looking Truck". Currently having problems with the ceramic brake pads installed on vehicle making a loud screeching sound. Upon servicing, dealer states pads are good and that problem was road debris in calipers. They shot compressed air to remove so called debris but screeching continues. Stay on top of this as pads are very expensive after dealer markup.

Favorite Features

Overhead cabin airbag system. Sirius audio system with rear subwoofer. Heated front windshield, and improved cargo storage capacity.

Suggested Improvements

18" chrome wheels need tires with a wider footprint.

Have you driven a Ford lately?
By bankguy

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford after years of GM and Honda. I must say that I like my Sport Trac better than my wife's Pilot. The driver's seating seems to have been designed for me. I am very comfortable driving this vehicle. Build quality is great and the vehicle is very tight. I have not had a single issue since I bought this truck. Gas mileage could be better - but it could be worse.

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Seating position.

Suggested Improvements

Daytime running lights should be standard There must be a way to get more acceleration out of an 8 cyl motor and a 6 speed transmission.

Ford Got it Right This Time
By schurc

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded back to the Sport Trac, and am so glad I did. The '07s ride is 1000 times better than the '02, and better than the Tacoma also. I love this truck/SUV, and am so glad to be a Ford owner once again. Many more options than the Toyota for the same price.

Favorite Features

Sirius, tonneau cover, bed extender

Suggested Improvements

Interior door design. Large storage compartment in the bed needs to be moved to the rear of the vehicle. Larger cup holders

Love My Sportrac
By dhcody

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and had to have a Sportrac. I have 3k miles on the truck and I get 17.8 mpg with the 6cyl in town. Drives like a sports car yet is smooth as a big car on the road. No complaints in Houston heat with air conditioner as others have mentioned. A must is the rear slide window and electric front seat. Spend a little extra for the Limited it makes for great curb appeal. I also got the electronics package with audio and a/c controls in the stearing wheel. Nice extra. The back up alarm is a nice feature to keep you from running into something or someone. Overall I am well pleased, guess time will tell about maintenance problems. I would have to rate this one a 9.5 plus.

Favorite Features

6 way electric seat. Back up alarm. Road handling. Audio and A/C controls in steering wheel. Nice sound system. Sirius radio. 17.8 MPG in the city

Suggested Improvements

None