2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Ford owner
By blawesppla on 09/05/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a large person and I am very comfortable in the truck. My wife says the same. Handles and runs great. Having trouble finding accessories for the 2007 Sport Trac. Every one tells me not for another 2 to 3 months.

My Dream Truck
By Paula on 08/30/06 23:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this truck. It drives really nice and not too bad on gas. It's really great to move things and just to drive around town too.I did my homework on this truck before I bought it. The 2007 model is on the Explorer frame, instead of the Ranger frame and that makes a big difference.

Early Impressions
By Jack on 08/24/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was about to trade in my '98 F150 for an 06 F150 King Ranch when I read the write up on the Sport Trac. I test drove one and was hooked. I bought the Limited, 4wd V8 and after 2000+ miles am absolutely delighted. It is peppy, handles great, is extremely quiet and pulls my boat out of the lake with ease. The best thing (or possibly the worst) is my wife also loves to drive it. She very seldom drove the F150 but I can't keep her out of the Sport Trac. This is a real winner, don't test drive one unless you are really ready to buy a new vehicle.

07 Sport Trac, So Far So Good
By jbodine on 07/26/06 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my truck just this past Saturday and already have 500 miles on it. I really like it. My gas mileage is averaging around 16.5 or 17 right now but I'm hoping that gets a little better as it breaks in and I get more used to driving it. It's already better mileage than the Dakota I was driving. The bed is small, but my dirt bike does fit which was a must for me. The V8 engine sounds good and runs smooth, but I haven't really stressed it yet. The driver's seat fits me well -- I'm kind of wide at roughly 240lbs. It has Sirius satellite radio, but I will be adding an iPod adapter soon. The radio sounds really good with the subwoofer behind the back seat.

Best Car ever owned to date
By C Phelps on 07/16/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think this is an excellent smaller type truck for a woman or young girl. It has tons of storage space is very pretty. Mine has four doors and side air bags with a 40/60 rear seat and lots of extras. I just love it...and I am an older woman. It is much sturdier built than the smaller trucks the size of the Ranger but not a full size truck. I have not had it long enough to rate the gas mileage but it seems good so far.

BEST TRUCK
By RANGER on 07/13/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! I've owned 3 Rangers before this and a F-150. The Sport Track is like a mini F-150. The ride, handling, noise levels are so much better than the previous generation Sport Trac. I would highly recommend checking out this truck

Love 07-sold 01 to get this one
By Gene on 07/08/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my 07 (V6) for two weeks now, It is in a new world versus the other years. Just hope the fuel economy gets a little better after a few more miles. The ride is more like a car than a truck. Got the gold color and it's very easy to keep clean.

Great Truck!
By Frank on 07/06/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great redesign. fun and comfortable to drive. Especially compared to my Dodge Ram.YUK! Moonroof and tonneau cover make it even more enjoyable. Door handles take some time to get used to. Picked up one week ago haven't stopped driving yet.

You MUST test drive this truck!
By Jim Russell on 06/18/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

All I can say every time I get inside and drive is "WOW"! Great ride, great handling, very quiet, sweet engine, 6-speed automatic behaves very well. Please, if you are testing Tacoma, Frontier, Ridgeline, try this truck. Get the V-8. I've always been a Toyota guy, but Ford has really done a great job with this one. It's nicer than the F-150, which is by far the best full size pickup. 292 horsepower, fully boxed truck frame, fully independent rear suspension, and it rides like a luxury car on the highway!

Not quite what I expected
By a cooper on 06/17/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The interior is not well designed. The door opener is ok, but the grip on the door is awkward; it's hard to grab to keep the door from swinging too far, and at a bad position to close. The interior/exterior temperature gauges are small and hard to read. The message center is in the middle of the dash, but the speedo is hard to read through the steering wheel. The parking brake release is hard to reach and cramped. There is no indication on the dash as to what gear you're in. There is no way to manually shift out of the overdrive(s). The flip-over rack was bent and the locks wouldn't work. When you flip the larger back seat down, there is a big gap between the back of the seat/cab.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.