2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
'07 Sportrac
By Steve on 12/01/06 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the vehicle for a month now and am a big fan. I'm 6'7" and have plenty of room inside. I have the V6, and power is acceptable although it is not the fastest around. Mileage has hovered around 19 mpg in the first 1200 miles in mixed driving I don't have any need to tow anything and the small bed accommodates my need to carry the occasional bulkier item. I did a lot of research prior to purchase, and this vehicle matched my needs at the price I wanted. The XLT Appearance package adds a nicer look with bigger wheels, etc. and is a fun ride.

Love This Truck
By wlbrez on 11/16/06 16:18 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my truck for about 5 month & I love everything about it. I was brought up on Chevrolet but when I to buy my pick-up (yes I consider it a pick-up) I saw the Sport Trac, took a test drive & I was sold. It rides & handles like a dream. Plenty of room on the inside for my 6 foot plus two sons, extra storage space behind the rear seat plus hidden space in the bed. I have never been a Ford fan but now I am sold. The V-8 may not be the one of the best for gas mileage but it has plenty of get-up-and-go! If you are worried about that get a 6 cylinder. I really like the auto 4-wheel drive & the stability control. The window sticker is a lot lower than expected on a vehicle with this much wow.

07 V8 Sport Trac
By T. Clark on 11/15/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, and stylish. Not terrible gas mileage for this type of vehicle. With the addition of Dynomax exhaust you can realize more low end grunt, slightly better mileage and a pure performance sound. Interior is very comfortable once you get used to the low slung door handles. Entrance can be tricky if your over 6' however. The 6 speed auto needs work to be considered a performance transmission. Fly by wire system is what it is I suppose, although I would trade it for cables in a heartbeat.

Robert Meeks
By Robert A. Meeks on 11/10/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck, and the value is there. It handles very well at road speeds, and is predictable in mountain driving. I did add a fiberglass tonneau cover, which improves riding quality and fuel economy somewhat. It turns heads where ever I drive it. This is a great truck. It handles well.

2007 Explorer SportTrac
By Dr. Dana Miller on 10/31/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Have owned this vehicle for about a month now. Looked at other vehicles but decided on this one for several reasons. The V-8 is O.K. but could use more bottom end torque. Runs good up high but should pull better down low. Mileage is disappointing even considering the type of vehicle it is. Good transmission. Quite comfortable. Wish I would have got the reverse sensing. Not easy to back up. Pulls 4200 lb. boat quite well. Overall a good vehicle, but the low first gear in the transmission doesn't make up for the relatively poor low end torque. The 5.4 litre motor would be a better choice if was available. Mileage would be about the same. Still the 4.6 is better than V6.

Good truck, good value
By Bill on 10/30/06 07:19 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would buy a Sport Trac again. It is a great vehicle, drives and handles well and is perfect for someone who needs a truck only sometimes. HoweverI rated the exterior and interior design below average because the Ford design team missed some simple features that would make the vehicle much more easy to use.For example the storage compartment in the bed is unreachable unless you crawl up on the bed. I’m 6’5” and I cannot open the compartment, you would need to be built like an ape to use this compartment effectively. The other issue with this compartment is it does not lock, but considering how hard it is to access maybe the Ford design guys felt it was too difficult for a thief to access?

Great Vehicle
By Delta One on 10/29/06 14:00 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent truck for my needs. Carries 4 to 5 persons inside with excellent total comfort. Truck bed suits my needs, carries my dive equipment, bicycles, small furniture, plants and small trees. I would not use this vehicle for major hauling or construction work. Rides great on the road and very good on roads that are not paved. Since this one is 2 wheel drive, I have not taken it way off road. I purchased this vehicle after extensive research and test driving all similar types. Whether this truck will hold up as good as the foreign makes over the the long long haul, only time will tell.

Nice Ride
By Ford Fan on 10/24/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Over 5500 miles on my Sport Trac, really enjoying it. Had a problem with a soft brake pedal, but the dealer has since fixed it. The v8 engine and 6 speed transmission work well, I have towed my 4000 lb travel trailer over 2000 miles, lots of power in the mountains. Fuel economy - only 9.5mpg towing, but my last tank unloaded on the highway (60-75mph) lasted 415 miles, for 19.88 mpg. I recommend this truck.

Lil Red loves his Sport Trac
By Lil Red on 10/09/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I special ordered my Sport Trac with 95% of the options to include the Chrome Package, reverse sensors, Class III/IV tow package, V8, leather interior etc. The ST fits comfortably in the garage so you don't have to leave it parked out on the driveway. I will be using my truck to pull motorcycles trailers and for any other utility need that we might have. My only complaint is that it would be nice to get slightly better gas mileage but you can't win em all.

Mos fun in years
By Michael on 09/19/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of SUV's and came upon the Sport Trac almost by accident. This car/truck is roomy and fun mine is equipped with almost every option. The gas mileage seems to be pretty good so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.