Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Explorer Sport Trac does what I want.
By Peter St. Amour

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I am not really sure what the reviewers think they are driving, but my Sport Trac handles well both on the highway and off road. Road repair in my area is mostly bad and the Sport Trac handles all of it very well. Off road in the 4x4 Low setting and the V8 engine, it simply powers it's way up what ever rut trail I've traveled on. As for the cabin space, I am over 6 foot and I find quite roomy as does the rest of my family of four. It has excellent pickup for a truck it's size from standing starts and it gives the power to pass with a full trailer load as well. I am very satisfied with my Sport Trac.

The hard cover on the rear box is great and very secure. The four wheel independent suspension is amazing on all road surfaces. Seating front and back is excellent. Steering radius is very good for city driving.

Some reviewers complain about the door handles but I like them a lot. Perhaps a little more headroom with the moon roof unit but I cannot think of any thing else I don't like.

Great Truck
By Tim

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the truck a lot. It is the perfect city truck and can really haul but if you want it to. It handles well and fits in a parking spot!

Sliding rear window, traction control

Sunroof would have been nice, along with leather, and a built in subwoofer

Great Truck
By Fireman31

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a truck, but didn't want a full size. Did a lot of research and found this truck to be the best choice out of them all. I get better fuel numbers than i ever thought. Just did a 3000 mile trip and averaged 24 on the highway, and thats with cruise set at 75. Went camping on this trip and the truck was great. Stuffed it to the max. I was able to fit something everywhere. I love all the storage. Toyota needs to get over itself. You can't go wrong with this truck. All I've had to do is change the oil. Granted I've only had it for 5000 miles, but I'm thoroughly impressed with everything this truck brings to the table. Ford is coming back for a reckoning.

I like the storage bins in the bed. Also having a tonneau cover is great. I can lock it and not worry about someone getting to everything. I also like the ride. Very comfortable for those long trips.

I can't think of any at this time.

Different!
By FYFFE7

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Cool SUT. Ford Sport Trac won over the Honda with the funky door handles and truck like interior. Toyota can't even put cruse controls on the steering wheel. Replaced the air box with an air intake and acceleration is fantastic on the V8. Mileage city 14- 17 depending how you drive. HIway is 19-28 again depending how you drive. Interior matches the Ford Explorer which is nice. Door hands are different and very easy to use. Ride and comfort are as good as the best SUV on the market. Grab handle for passenger could be higher. Overall an SUT that can do it all.

Love the rear power window. Remote start. Heated windshield, bed extendor, washable floor.

Hand grab on the arm rest for the rear doors. Softer interior material for the doors.

A step up from my Ranger
By AdirondackColor

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Ford Ranger in 2003 and loved it. 4.0 auto 4X4 averaging 19 MPG. My daughter had bought a used Sport Trac the year after. I drove it a few times and thought it was a great vehicle. When it came time to replace the Ranger I looked into the new 2007 Sport Trac and was impressed with the improvements. It has all the bells and whistles I wanted and I found I didn't use the full size box on the Ranger very often so the Sport Trac was a better fit for me now. The Sport Trac handles great, it's quiet, the V6 gives me all the power I need, a really well balanced vehicle. Very happy with the purchase.

Great visibility, smooth quiet ride. A lot of room and storage compartments to keep all you goodies stored so things don't roll around. Great sound system. Love the adjustable lumbar support in the driver's seat. Exterior style is eye catching, definitely stands out in the crowd.

At this point I really haven't found anything I would change.