Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Second One Purchased
By johnniemize

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2003 Sport Trac XLT and kept it for three years with 12,000 miles per year. Like it so well that I went and purchased a 2007 Limited with a V8 and like it even better.

Quality

Carpeting instead of rubber mats or at least make it an option. Why not chrome wheels from the market? I had to purchase them the dealer.

Explorer Sport Trac
By Michael

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a new or used vehicle that made since for home ownership and a new baby boy. I owned a 2004 Ford Ranger and enjoyed it, but needed more room for two small dogs, and the three of us. I was looking at the Toyota Tacoma but found the price and the fact that you had to use premium fuel ludacris. I didn't make it to the Nissan dealership for the frontier quad cab but went through USAA and ended up buying the Explorer Sport Trac that night below invoice. This vehicle is a "SUT" Sport Utility Truck according to my insurance policy. What more could you want, reminds me of an F-150 with suv comfort, and a truck feel.

Looks like an F-150 from the rear, Ford Explorer from the front bumbper to the b-pillar and then its own design. Very comfortable. I used the 6 foot bed "with the tail gate down," and tie down straps the next day. The turining radius is like a sports car. The cabin has the quiest ride I have had.

Gas mileage could be better, make the V6 a DOHC engine to keep pace with foreign vehicles, standard i-pod connections, Standard lifetime warranty on powertrain. Standard heated side view mirrors. This vehicle is great overall, and I think the other reviews of this vehicle should be higher.

Update after a Year
By Steve

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sport Trac for over a year now, so I thought I would provide an updated review. I am still a big fan of this truck. Handling and comfort are great. It feels stable in all conditions I am 6'7" 250 lbs and I have plenty of room which is great because I am in the truck most of the day. The fold flat rear seats provide me a "mobile office" platform, yet the open bed allows for the occassional bulkier item. I have 16,000 miles and fuel economy hovers at 20 in mixed driving. I have had no issues, nothing falling off or not working. Everyone I know loves my truck, and 3 friends have actually got one after seeing mine. I did extensive research before buying, and I am very happy.

Sliding rear window, comfort, handling

Storage bins are small and cannot be used for much--I have given up on them. Seat fabric is hard to keep clean and is showing some wear

Nice Improvement
By Eagle 16

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way my '07 Limited drives, I can't drive the vehicle enough. The traction control is great. I had an 05 Adrenalin SportTrac and the difference is night and day. The independent suspension and much quieter ride are a huge improvement over the '05 models. Corning ability is also greatly improved. The truck rides much smoother as well.

My favorite feature is by far the moonroof. The chrome package also puts a nice accent on the outside of the vehicle. I think the '07 looks way better than my old '05 model. The 18" wheels are also a nice improvement. I get better gas mileage as well avg. 19 cty and 23 hwy.

The limited Sport Trac should have an upgraded sound system like the '05 Adrenalins had. Also, a stronger standard motor would have been nice instead of the same one Ford has had for the last few years. Other than that, the '07 is great!

Can't Tow a thing with this vehicle
By Bogeymstr

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this "redesigned" vehicle as it was the perfect vehicle to tow the 17' fishing boat and the still have room for the kids. I recently went to rent a smae 6'x12' enclosed trailer to do some moving. Much to my surprise this National company refused to rent me the trailer citing that "the vehicle is a high rollover risk when towing". I checked with my insurance company and verified that the vehicle was at high risk for roll over when towing, in fact they want to triple my premium no that I broght it to thiier attention. Needless to say I am exploring either Lemon Law remedy or at least consumer fraud.....This vehicle seems to have become a bad buy!