2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
1st Ford in 20 years
By Redman on 03/19/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have not bought a Ford in 20 years. This is a homerun because I use it for hunting and fishing, wet dogs and all. With dogs and all on outside, comfort is inside. Features are fine for price paid. 20K miles and no problems.

2007 Sport Trac
By Jenni on 03/06/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the truck for 3 months now, and love it today just as much as the first day I drove it! Quiet ride even at high speeds. Quiet engine and handles well. I enjoy the bed extender and the little extras like compartments in the truck bed. Truck looks nice and has a relatively smooth ride especially for a SUV. Very comfortable. Love the mounted controls on the steering wheel and dual climate.

Worth the wait
By Jim B on 02/17/07 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2001 Sport Trac and I really loved it; however, my new 2007 is even greater than my old one. I like how the new ones are on the Explorer frame now instead of the Ranger's. The exterior design is a lot better as well as the ride. I am glad Ford made the wheel base longer and added a V8 as an optional engine.

Just Right!
By SevereBeagle on 02/16/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing this vehicle I test drove the Honda Ridgeline. I needed a truck to handle small chores so I checked out an F-150 but it was more than my pocket would allow. The Sport Trac is just what I needed! Great ride,very roomy, and the bed is big enough for the small chores I need to accomplish. The six cylinder engine provides me with enough power. A great value for the money. The Honda Ridgeline is a bit pricey and very hard to see out of the rear window, even though I did like the large compartment in the bed. I was really impressed with the Sport Trac's ride and inside headroom.

what an improvement
By dave on 01/06/07 21:20 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

just bought the new 07 Sport Trac-- what an improvement! This is our 4th one(01, 04, 05). The ride with the new frame and rear axle is vastly better. The V-8 gives more power and better mileage than the old V-6 with the 4.10 rear axle. We bought a loaded Limited model and were most impressed with the upgrades. Only possible criticism would be that the console mounted shifter takes away the small storage tray the old model had. Overfall a big upgrade for Ford.

Great truck @ great price....
By aparrothead888 on 01/05/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. I had been wanting to get this car for the past year. After someone hitting me in the end of 2006, I was then willing to buy one if I could get a good price. I got a FULLY loaded Limited for $26,000 with tax and all other junk! About $7500 off MSRP! I really love the truck now.

So close...
By Pat Richard on 01/01/07 16:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not a bad ride. My 4WD unit rides nice, and handles well. Traction control works great. Mileage hovers right around those listed - even better sometimes on the highway. The sound system in mine (6 CD stereo w/ MP3 playback) sounds really good. Mine has the power pedals, but they hardly get used.

Great Truck
By New owner on 12/31/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second ST I owned. Sold the first back in 2003. This truck is a dramatic improvement. Serves my needs, space for the kids and my outdoor fun. The ride is smooth and comfortable. The V6 gives plenty of power for every day use. Also, the look is much better than the ugly Ridgeline.

07 Sport Trac
By randyc on 12/28/06 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Drove the Sport Trac on a 3000 mile round trip, it rode very smooth and was very comfortable. MPG avg. was around 20-21 hwy. Got the 4.6V8; has plenty of power and is a very quiet engine. It would be very hard to go back to a car after this ride.

Quality Sport Trac
By Steve D. on 12/22/06 07:18 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Limited has a lot of nice features that distinguish it from the XLT. The quality, ride, handling, and comfort are more than expected. The truck is solid and have experienced no issues at all since driving it off the lot. A real winner!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.