2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Really nice truck
By Mike on 07/17/07 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced my S10 crew cab with the Sport Trac. Ford did a really nice job with this truck. It handles much better than my S10 and is very comfortable. I really like this truck and would highly recommend it. It feels very solid and safe.

SportTrac 07 Limited
By DBrown on 06/29/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned a 2003 SportTrac, but the 2007 is far superior in fit and finish. I purchased the '07 SportTrac at its introduction in fall of 2006. I have approximately 27,000 miles on this vehicle and it's great to drive. Handling is excellent and it has great curb appeal and really draws a crowd. I am always complimented on "What a great looking Truck". Currently having problems with the ceramic brake pads installed on vehicle making a loud screeching sound. Upon servicing, dealer states pads are good and that problem was road debris in calipers. They shot compressed air to remove so called debris but screeching continues. Stay on top of this as pads are very expensive after dealer markup.

Have you driven a Ford lately?
By bankguy on 06/21/07 06:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford after years of GM and Honda. I must say that I like my Sport Trac better than my wife's Pilot. The driver's seating seems to have been designed for me. I am very comfortable driving this vehicle. Build quality is great and the vehicle is very tight. I have not had a single issue since I bought this truck. Gas mileage could be better - but it could be worse.

Ford Got it Right This Time
By schurc on 06/18/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded back to the Sport Trac, and am so glad I did. The '07s ride is 1000 times better than the '02, and better than the Tacoma also. I love this truck/SUV, and am so glad to be a Ford owner once again. Many more options than the Toyota for the same price.

Love My Sportrac
By dhcody on 05/13/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and had to have a Sportrac. I have 3k miles on the truck and I get 17.8 mpg with the 6cyl in town. Drives like a sports car yet is smooth as a big car on the road. No complaints in Houston heat with air conditioner as others have mentioned. A must is the rear slide window and electric front seat. Spend a little extra for the Limited it makes for great curb appeal. I also got the electronics package with audio and a/c controls in the stearing wheel. Nice extra. The back up alarm is a nice feature to keep you from running into something or someone. Overall I am well pleased, guess time will tell about maintenance problems. I would have to rate this one a 9.5 plus.

Better than they say it is
By Roger Braddock on 05/03/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Vehicle is everything the manufacturer claims it to be! Ride, drive, performance are outstanding. Plus, very quiet inside.

My SportTrac
By Jerry on 04/11/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Researched all lines of truck like this and found the SportTrac the best looking and functional fit. The complete redesign for 2007 puts it way ahead of the competition. Recommend trying and deciding for yourself instead of heeding the biased reviews given domestic cars and trucks today. Go Ford!

Love it
By zolman on 04/11/07 01:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It was the only truck that would fit into my garage, have the capacity to tow my trailers, fit 5 people and have all the interior refinements I wanted. I get between 22-24 MPG highway driving so that's better then what it is rated at.

Fit all my needs
By TGUNO on 04/09/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sport Trac has plenty of room inside, and a very smooth drive which is good for long drive. Very pactical and versatile. The rubber molded floor is great and much easier to clean than the carpet considering I work in a dusty and muddy enviornment.

Can't believe I bought a Ford
By dgeho on 04/01/07 16:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

A good looking truck along with the V8 power made it attractive to me. The car-like ride, handling and good visibility made it attractive to my wife. If you are looking for a good towing vehicle that will fit in your garage, this is it. We test drove quite a few trucks before deciding to purchase, but it was an easy decision based on the price/available options/and nice design. There are some areas that could use some updating and the service you get from a Ford dealer is a little shaky - but the vehicle is very solid, quiet and easy to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.