2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Second One Purchased
By johnniemize on 02/27/08 11:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2003 Sport Trac XLT and kept it for three years with 12,000 miles per year. Like it so well that I went and purchased a 2007 Limited with a V8 and like it even better.

Explorer Sport Trac
By Michael on 01/01/08 07:16 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a new or used vehicle that made since for home ownership and a new baby boy. I owned a 2004 Ford Ranger and enjoyed it, but needed more room for two small dogs, and the three of us. I was looking at the Toyota Tacoma but found the price and the fact that you had to use premium fuel ludacris. I didn't make it to the Nissan dealership for the frontier quad cab but went through USAA and ended up buying the Explorer Sport Trac that night below invoice. This vehicle is a "SUT" Sport Utility Truck according to my insurance policy. What more could you want, reminds me of an F-150 with suv comfort, and a truck feel.

Update after a Year
By Steve on 12/13/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sport Trac for over a year now, so I thought I would provide an updated review. I am still a big fan of this truck. Handling and comfort are great. It feels stable in all conditions I am 6'7" 250 lbs and I have plenty of room which is great because I am in the truck most of the day. The fold flat rear seats provide me a "mobile office" platform, yet the open bed allows for the occassional bulkier item. I have 16,000 miles and fuel economy hovers at 20 in mixed driving. I have had no issues, nothing falling off or not working. Everyone I know loves my truck, and 3 friends have actually got one after seeing mine. I did extensive research before buying, and I am very happy.

Nice Improvement
By Eagle 16 on 10/23/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way my '07 Limited drives, I can't drive the vehicle enough. The traction control is great. I had an 05 Adrenalin SportTrac and the difference is night and day. The independent suspension and much quieter ride are a huge improvement over the '05 models. Corning ability is also greatly improved. The truck rides much smoother as well.

Can't Tow a thing with this vehicle
By Bogeymstr on 10/21/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this "redesigned" vehicle as it was the perfect vehicle to tow the 17' fishing boat and the still have room for the kids. I recently went to rent a smae 6'x12' enclosed trailer to do some moving. Much to my surprise this National company refused to rent me the trailer citing that "the vehicle is a high rollover risk when towing". I checked with my insurance company and verified that the vehicle was at high risk for roll over when towing, in fact they want to triple my premium no that I broght it to thiier attention. Needless to say I am exploring either Lemon Law remedy or at least consumer fraud.....This vehicle seems to have become a bad buy!

Explorer Sport Trac does what I want.
By Peter St. Amour on 10/07/07 21:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I am not really sure what the reviewers think they are driving, but my Sport Trac handles well both on the highway and off road. Road repair in my area is mostly bad and the Sport Trac handles all of it very well. Off road in the 4x4 Low setting and the V8 engine, it simply powers it's way up what ever rut trail I've traveled on. As for the cabin space, I am over 6 foot and I find quite roomy as does the rest of my family of four. It has excellent pickup for a truck it's size from standing starts and it gives the power to pass with a full trailer load as well. I am very satisfied with my Sport Trac.

Great Truck
By Tim on 10/04/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the truck a lot. It is the perfect city truck and can really haul but if you want it to. It handles well and fits in a parking spot!

Great Truck
By Fireman31 on 09/24/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a truck, but didn't want a full size. Did a lot of research and found this truck to be the best choice out of them all. I get better fuel numbers than i ever thought. Just did a 3000 mile trip and averaged 24 on the highway, and thats with cruise set at 75. Went camping on this trip and the truck was great. Stuffed it to the max. I was able to fit something everywhere. I love all the storage. Toyota needs to get over itself. You can't go wrong with this truck. All I've had to do is change the oil. Granted I've only had it for 5000 miles, but I'm thoroughly impressed with everything this truck brings to the table. Ford is coming back for a reckoning.

Different!
By FYFFE7 on 08/02/07 05:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Cool SUT. Ford Sport Trac won over the Honda with the funky door handles and truck like interior. Toyota can't even put cruse controls on the steering wheel. Replaced the air box with an air intake and acceleration is fantastic on the V8. Mileage city 14- 17 depending how you drive. HIway is 19-28 again depending how you drive. Interior matches the Ford Explorer which is nice. Door hands are different and very easy to use. Ride and comfort are as good as the best SUV on the market. Grab handle for passenger could be higher. Overall an SUT that can do it all.

A step up from my Ranger
By AdirondackColor on 07/17/07 19:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Ford Ranger in 2003 and loved it. 4.0 auto 4X4 averaging 19 MPG. My daughter had bought a used Sport Trac the year after. I drove it a few times and thought it was a great vehicle. When it came time to replace the Ranger I looked into the new 2007 Sport Trac and was impressed with the improvements. It has all the bells and whistles I wanted and I found I didn't use the full size box on the Ranger very often so the Sport Trac was a better fit for me now. The Sport Trac handles great, it's quiet, the V6 gives me all the power I need, a really well balanced vehicle. Very happy with the purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.