2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: 2007 Sport Trac

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic 4.2 ft. Bed)

2007 Sport Trac
By Good truck; BUT on

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 2003 Sport Trac for 5 years, love the truck. Can't think of one bad thing. In 2007 when Ford came out with the V-8 engine, I though wow that will be great. So I purchase one with the V-8 engine, and I love everything about the V-8, love that power. But on my Sport Trac V-8 engine, if you let is sit for a day or two, when you start the engine, it will burn oil and blue smoke like a dog. Had it in the shop a few times, of course the computer has everything good. I believe it is valve guild seals, and of course Ford do not want to open the engine, as I don't want a new truck that someone had to do engine work on it.

Everything, great truck, love the new interior with the gear shift in floor. Ride is much better than my 2002. Looks so much better that the older models.

Rear glass defroster, make better use under back seats for storage where items will not slide around. Do not see a need for in truck bed storage, I have nevered use my. Move the back window switch back down on dash and over the temp and compass back up to over head.