2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Nice Vehicle
By Ron on 02/08/09 15:16 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck overall. Great comfort on long drives. Highway best gas mileage 21mpg. Fuel economy bad overall. Average 14 mpg. Shifter problems normal on recall with Ford. Had rear end go out at 18000 mi. Fixed on warranty after week wait for part.

Love my Sport Trac
By Travis on 01/17/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck. I tow a 4500 pound travel trailer and I have no complaints with performance.I would not think twice about towing a heavier trailer. The Sport Trac is very comfortable and fun to drive.

Excellent Overall
By alexv on 11/06/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use mine daily in the constuction industry. I travel a lot and commute daily around the Dallas area for projects. Overall, the truck is great. Excellent acceleration, interior room, decent trunk space & adequate towing. It is highly functional for the American family. Plenty of room for the kids in the cab & space in the trunk to bring stuff home from Home Depot. Lumbar support is nonexistant, as long trips can be brutal on the lower back.

Versatility is top-notch, as is quality!
By JR Comet on 11/01/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Sport Trac a month ago and I've been nothing but impressed with the truck. The bed is awesome, I can put groceries in it and use it as a trunk or load items in it like a bed, as I have done both. The ride is very quite and smooth, you have to get the V8, which is powerful and quiet. The gas mileage, so far, is about what I expected and I anticipate about 13- 15 mpg in town and 18-20 on the hwy. These trucks can be a car, truck and SUV, all in one. Best vehicle purchase I've ever made and I've had Toyota, Nissan, Ford and others.

Great Truck
By FordFan76 on 08/01/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My wife has a 2002 Explorer which we love. The newly redesigned Explorer and Sport Trac are even better. My truck is quieter, safer, and slightly better on gas. It is also a great compromise for people who don't want a full size truck but still want the capabilities of one. The only problem I have experienced so far was a jerky transmission, which was fixed under warranty by adjusting the computer settings. Some improvements: needs more cushioning in the steering wheel. I drive two hours to work and I find my hands getting sore frequently. Put the shifter back on the column. It isn't as "cool" but you have a lot more space on the center console.

I like a lot, but
By ScriberDF on 07/13/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

All things equal, I like this truck a lot. It does what I wanted it to do, and 21 mpg on the highway is slightly better than what I thought I'd get. Power is good, comfort is good, not great (cloth seats). However, there are a couple things I'm a little irritated by: The tailgate has literally come off in my hands four times in the past year, and I'm told "that's the way it was designed," to come off easily so it could be replaced with the tailgates that allow air to flow through (don't know the term for them). That's fine, but this is very, very poorly thought out. The tailgate should not accidentally come off; there should be a latch or other device that needs to be disabled first.

Great vehicle
By ryan on 05/29/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Easily fits five adults, very pratical, seamless automatic four wheel drive, awsome towing power for a small truck, independent suspension gives a car like ride, rear sliding window is great for hauling a few 12 foot pieces of lumber, storage areas in the bed are perfect for tools, ropes, bungee cords etc. The Sport Trac gets decent mileage considering it is a four wheel drive with a V-8. An average tank gives 19 miles per gallon with a mix of highway and around town. I traded my 2002 Sport Trac for this one. It had 120,000 miles and all I did was tires at 70k and all 4 brakes at 90k plus oil changes.

Great Truck For The Money
By Grego on 05/16/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great truck in a mid-size. Not as big as the F150 and still packs a punch with the V8. I have a boat that I trailer around all the time with no problems. The inside is roomy and comfortable and the amount of plastic used is minimal which gives the truck a rattle-free ride and a nice luxury feel. The exterior styling is functional (no non-functional hood scoop) and still looks tough and not "girly" like the Tacoma or Frontier.

Issues!
By Corey on 05/11/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I wasn't even looking at Ford. Thought I would look at the Explorer and ended up driving it off the lot. I was initially very impressed with car, still am sort of. It has just had too many problems. Transmission is horrible. It keeps shifting as I decellerate to a stop. Very jerky tranny. Ford said they were aware of the problem, but didn't have a fix. They eventually "reprogrammed" the transmission, which worked for a while, but it's acting very jerky again. Have had issues, gear shifter, and exterior lights too. I may have just gotten a bad one, nonetheless I'm not buying another Ford.

2007 Sport Trac
By Good truck; BUT on 04/02/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 2003 Sport Trac for 5 years, love the truck. Can't think of one bad thing. In 2007 when Ford came out with the V-8 engine, I though wow that will be great. So I purchase one with the V-8 engine, and I love everything about the V-8, love that power. But on my Sport Trac V-8 engine, if you let is sit for a day or two, when you start the engine, it will burn oil and blue smoke like a dog. Had it in the shop a few times, of course the computer has everything good. I believe it is valve guild seals, and of course Ford do not want to open the engine, as I don't want a new truck that someone had to do engine work on it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.