2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Just Right!
By SevereBeagle on 02/16/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing this vehicle I test drove the Honda Ridgeline. I needed a truck to handle small chores so I checked out an F-150 but it was more than my pocket would allow. The Sport Trac is just what I needed! Great ride,very roomy, and the bed is big enough for the small chores I need to accomplish. The six cylinder engine provides me with enough power. A great value for the money. The Honda Ridgeline is a bit pricey and very hard to see out of the rear window, even though I did like the large compartment in the bed. I was really impressed with the Sport Trac's ride and inside headroom.

'07 Sportrac
By Steve on 12/01/06 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the vehicle for a month now and am a big fan. I'm 6'7" and have plenty of room inside. I have the V6, and power is acceptable although it is not the fastest around. Mileage has hovered around 19 mpg in the first 1200 miles in mixed driving I don't have any need to tow anything and the small bed accommodates my need to carry the occasional bulkier item. I did a lot of research prior to purchase, and this vehicle matched my needs at the price I wanted. The XLT Appearance package adds a nicer look with bigger wheels, etc. and is a fun ride.

Good truck, good value
By Bill on 10/30/06 07:19 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would buy a Sport Trac again. It is a great vehicle, drives and handles well and is perfect for someone who needs a truck only sometimes. HoweverI rated the exterior and interior design below average because the Ford design team missed some simple features that would make the vehicle much more easy to use.For example the storage compartment in the bed is unreachable unless you crawl up on the bed. Im 65 and I cannot open the compartment, you would need to be built like an ape to use this compartment effectively. The other issue with this compartment is it does not lock, but considering how hard it is to access maybe the Ford design guys felt it was too difficult for a thief to access?

Great Vehicle
By Delta One on 10/29/06 14:00 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent truck for my needs. Carries 4 to 5 persons inside with excellent total comfort. Truck bed suits my needs, carries my dive equipment, bicycles, small furniture, plants and small trees. I would not use this vehicle for major hauling or construction work. Rides great on the road and very good on roads that are not paved. Since this one is 2 wheel drive, I have not taken it way off road. I purchased this vehicle after extensive research and test driving all similar types. Whether this truck will hold up as good as the foreign makes over the the long long haul, only time will tell.

Ford owner
By blawesppla on 09/05/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a large person and I am very comfortable in the truck. My wife says the same. Handles and runs great. Having trouble finding accessories for the 2007 Sport Trac. Every one tells me not for another 2 to 3 months.

Best Car ever owned to date
By C Phelps on 07/16/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think this is an excellent smaller type truck for a woman or young girl. It has tons of storage space is very pretty. Mine has four doors and side air bags with a 40/60 rear seat and lots of extras. I just love it...and I am an older woman. It is much sturdier built than the smaller trucks the size of the Ranger but not a full size truck. I have not had it long enough to rate the gas mileage but it seems good so far.

Love 07-sold 01 to get this one
By Gene on 07/08/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my 07 (V6) for two weeks now, It is in a new world versus the other years. Just hope the fuel economy gets a little better after a few more miles. The ride is more like a car than a truck. Got the gold color and it's very easy to keep clean.

Great Truck!
By Frank on 07/06/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great redesign. fun and comfortable to drive. Especially compared to my Dodge Ram.YUK! Moonroof and tonneau cover make it even more enjoyable. Door handles take some time to get used to. Picked up one week ago haven't stopped driving yet.

New 07
By Dave Bransky on 04/12/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 99 F-150 for this vehicle. So far I am very pleased with the Sport Trac. The Sport Trac has a glass smooth ride with outstanding handling, and the motor is extremely quiet. I am not really sure how the fuel mileage is going to be, I have only owned the truck for a week, but compared to the Triton 5.4, anything is better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.