Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Good individual/family mobile
By Mrhubert01

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, comfortable ride....roomy and satisfactory power..would make a good family vehicle...great for trips ...more flexibility than traditional explorer I do have issue with lifespan of the seat covers-cloth Had a sunroof installed and tonneau put on. I have nearly all options on this one now...and really holding value

Favorite Features

roominess, Sirius/sound system handling and quite Depreciation has leveled.

Suggested Improvements

all models should have the leather or partial leather..the cloth really shows wear. All models should come w/ moon roof and some type of tonneau.. This would make it a real special model for Ford

Problem Solver
By SEVEREBEAGLE

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is finally over! I really enjoyed this wanna be truck, too bad the gas mileage was not great. 16 mpg on a good week of city driving. I wish the new 2009 was out but not at the dealer yet. Two things need to improve, the gas mileage and the small compartments in the bed should be waterproof and with locks of some kind. I am really gonna miss this one.

Favorite Features

Really smooth ride and very roomy inside.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, locks on the bed compartments, somewhere to plug in my mp3 player.

My Tiny Truck (TT)
By Gregory C!

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Sport Trac. I owned an 04 model and loved it. I decided to upgrade to the 07 model because, I loved the overall look and larger size and when I saw the chrome package, along with all the extra interior amenities this one offered over my 04, I was hooked. The gas mileage is not quite as good as my old TT, but the power from the V8 more than makes up for it. I have had a lot of positive comments on this truck. She is a keeper!!!

Favorite Features

1. Rear parking sensor 2. Power rear window 3. The lighter weight tonneau cover 4. The radio that shows the name of the artist and song (RDS) 5. The extra HORSEPOWER!!!

Suggested Improvements

1. Improve the front cup holders 2. Allow the rear power window to open and close in more than 2 positions, more like a regular power window. 3. IMPROVE the gas mileage on the V8, while maintaining the POWER!!

Had it a year, and still love it
By Mrtwister

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got rid of my TrailBlazer for this and got the way better deal. Build quality over GM is superior. Rides like an SUV, but I can pack 22 bags of leaves into the back. I drive 52 miles to work every day,

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. Awesome stock sound system. 22+ MPG with cruise set and tonneau cover on.

Suggested Improvements

Got all the bells and whistles- it's missing nothing! V-6 is hard pressed to accelerate a 6000 pound vehicle in a hurry

Better Than Original
By Yette

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 Sport Trac, the 2007 version is a much better vehicle, quieter, quicker, better handling and more roomy. When I drive down the highway, the Limited edition is as tall if not taller than many F150's and Chevy trucks. The handling is car-like. The Sport Trac does well in snow and rain where the 2004 felt like it could get away at any time.

Favorite Features

I love the power remote rear window. I drive with it open most of the time, it provides some cooling with little wind noise. I also appreciate the exterior styling of the vehicle. A guy parks his Honda Ridgeline next to me at work but my buddies say the Ford looks much more aggressive.

Suggested Improvements

I guess the same as everyone else, better fuel economy, I'm averaging 17 miles to the gallon with mostly highway driving.