Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Had it a year, and still love it
By Mrtwister

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got rid of my TrailBlazer for this and got the way better deal. Build quality over GM is superior. Rides like an SUV, but I can pack 22 bags of leaves into the back. I drive 52 miles to work every day,

Comfortable ride. Awesome stock sound system. 22+ MPG with cruise set and tonneau cover on.

Got all the bells and whistles- it's missing nothing! V-6 is hard pressed to accelerate a 6000 pound vehicle in a hurry

Better Than Original
By Yette

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 Sport Trac, the 2007 version is a much better vehicle, quieter, quicker, better handling and more roomy. When I drive down the highway, the Limited edition is as tall if not taller than many F150's and Chevy trucks. The handling is car-like. The Sport Trac does well in snow and rain where the 2004 felt like it could get away at any time.

I love the power remote rear window. I drive with it open most of the time, it provides some cooling with little wind noise. I also appreciate the exterior styling of the vehicle. A guy parks his Honda Ridgeline next to me at work but my buddies say the Ford looks much more aggressive.

I guess the same as everyone else, better fuel economy, I'm averaging 17 miles to the gallon with mostly highway driving.

Nice Improvement
By Eagle 16

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way my '07 Limited drives, I can't drive the vehicle enough. The traction control is great. I had an 05 Adrenalin SportTrac and the difference is night and day. The independent suspension and much quieter ride are a huge improvement over the '05 models. Corning ability is also greatly improved. The truck rides much smoother as well.

My favorite feature is by far the moonroof. The chrome package also puts a nice accent on the outside of the vehicle. I think the '07 looks way better than my old '05 model. The 18" wheels are also a nice improvement. I get better gas mileage as well avg. 19 cty and 23 hwy.

The limited Sport Trac should have an upgraded sound system like the '05 Adrenalins had. Also, a stronger standard motor would have been nice instead of the same one Ford has had for the last few years. Other than that, the '07 is great!

Love My Sportrac
By dhcody

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and had to have a Sportrac. I have 3k miles on the truck and I get 17.8 mpg with the 6cyl in town. Drives like a sports car yet is smooth as a big car on the road. No complaints in Houston heat with air conditioner as others have mentioned. A must is the rear slide window and electric front seat. Spend a little extra for the Limited it makes for great curb appeal. I also got the electronics package with audio and a/c controls in the stearing wheel. Nice extra. The back up alarm is a nice feature to keep you from running into something or someone. Overall I am well pleased, guess time will tell about maintenance problems. I would have to rate this one a 9.5 plus.

6 way electric seat. Back up alarm. Road handling. Audio and A/C controls in steering wheel. Nice sound system. Sirius radio. 17.8 MPG in the city

None

Great truck @ great price....
By aparrothead888

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. I had been wanting to get this car for the past year. After someone hitting me in the end of 2006, I was then willing to buy one if I could get a good price. I got a FULLY loaded Limited for $26,000 with tax and all other junk! About $7500 off MSRP! I really love the truck now.

Sliding window, soft leather seats, hard cover, adjustable pedal, 6 disc-CD player with Sirius, the stow away compartments in bed of truck, huge windows, the electronics package is a MUST have for all married couples (duel A/C zones), the on board computer is cool when it runs a full diagnostic on the car.

Cup holder for back seat passengers is right where my elbow sits while I drive. That could be a problem. The door handles are really cool, so don't listen to others.