2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Not bad, no complaints
By dn010 on 01/09/13 16:07 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a V6 XLT 2X4 in 2010 used from a dealer with 56K, I am now at about 87K. Issues I've experienced: one rear wheel bearing went bad, replaced for about $75 doing the work myself, also had check engine light for engine under-heating, replaced stuck open thermostat myself and turned off the light with my code reader - good to go. I've put in new rear brake pads only, spark plugs, I keep the engine happy with full synthetic. I drive to NY from FL yearly, gone up and back twice (over 2400 miles each trip) and have had no problems. I can TOW my 25' cuddy boat @ 4K lbs and my 18' boat @ around 2500 - can pull the 18' out of the water, haven't tried with the 25' and I doubt I will.

Looks good
By Marsha K on 07/17/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 2007 Sport Trac and it looks good but the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. It is comfortable and I like the fact that the rear seat can seat adults or fold down for the dogs. The little cubbyholes in the bed seem to be pretty useless. One is unreachable unless I climb into the bed of the truck. The other two aren't even deep enough to hold a bottle of oil upright. I can keep bungee cords in one. I just drove it four hours straight with no discomfort so it fits me pretty good. 5'7 female. The Gas tank is on the wrong side for the USA and the interior door handle is inconvenient.

Problem Solver
By SEVEREBEAGLE on 03/27/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is finally over! I really enjoyed this wanna be truck, too bad the gas mileage was not great. 16 mpg on a good week of city driving. I wish the new 2009 was out but not at the dealer yet. Two things need to improve, the gas mileage and the small compartments in the bed should be waterproof and with locks of some kind. I am really gonna miss this one.

Excellent Overall
By alexv on 11/06/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use mine daily in the constuction industry. I travel a lot and commute daily around the Dallas area for projects. Overall, the truck is great. Excellent acceleration, interior room, decent trunk space & adequate towing. It is highly functional for the American family. Plenty of room for the kids in the cab & space in the trunk to bring stuff home from Home Depot. Lumbar support is nonexistant, as long trips can be brutal on the lower back.

Update after a Year
By Steve on 12/13/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sport Trac for over a year now, so I thought I would provide an updated review. I am still a big fan of this truck. Handling and comfort are great. It feels stable in all conditions I am 6'7" 250 lbs and I have plenty of room which is great because I am in the truck most of the day. The fold flat rear seats provide me a "mobile office" platform, yet the open bed allows for the occassional bulkier item. I have 16,000 miles and fuel economy hovers at 20 in mixed driving. I have had no issues, nothing falling off or not working. Everyone I know loves my truck, and 3 friends have actually got one after seeing mine. I did extensive research before buying, and I am very happy.

Great Truck
By Tim on 10/04/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the truck a lot. It is the perfect city truck and can really haul but if you want it to. It handles well and fits in a parking spot!

Great Truck
By Fireman31 on 09/24/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a truck, but didn't want a full size. Did a lot of research and found this truck to be the best choice out of them all. I get better fuel numbers than i ever thought. Just did a 3000 mile trip and averaged 24 on the highway, and thats with cruise set at 75. Went camping on this trip and the truck was great. Stuffed it to the max. I was able to fit something everywhere. I love all the storage. Toyota needs to get over itself. You can't go wrong with this truck. All I've had to do is change the oil. Granted I've only had it for 5000 miles, but I'm thoroughly impressed with everything this truck brings to the table. Ford is coming back for a reckoning.

Ford Got it Right This Time
By schurc on 06/18/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded back to the Sport Trac, and am so glad I did. The '07s ride is 1000 times better than the '02, and better than the Tacoma also. I love this truck/SUV, and am so glad to be a Ford owner once again. Many more options than the Toyota for the same price.

Fit all my needs
By TGUNO on 04/09/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sport Trac has plenty of room inside, and a very smooth drive which is good for long drive. Very pactical and versatile. The rubber molded floor is great and much easier to clean than the carpet considering I work in a dusty and muddy enviornment.

1st Ford in 20 years
By Redman on 03/19/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have not bought a Ford in 20 years. This is a homerun because I use it for hunting and fishing, wet dogs and all. With dogs and all on outside, comfort is inside. Features are fine for price paid. 20K miles and no problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.