2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Not bad, no complaints
By dn010 on 01/09/13 16:07 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a V6 XLT 2X4 in 2010 used from a dealer with 56K, I am now at about 87K. Issues I've experienced: one rear wheel bearing went bad, replaced for about $75 doing the work myself, also had check engine light for engine under-heating, replaced stuck open thermostat myself and turned off the light with my code reader - good to go. I've put in new rear brake pads only, spark plugs, I keep the engine happy with full synthetic. I drive to NY from FL yearly, gone up and back twice (over 2400 miles each trip) and have had no problems. I can TOW my 25' cuddy boat @ 4K lbs and my 18' boat @ around 2500 - can pull the 18' out of the water, haven't tried with the 25' and I doubt I will.

Shame to see Sport Trac shelved
By J Knbr on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Compared Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge. None came close in creature comforts. Sport Trac is great size for family hauler, sales people, weekend warrior chores, and fun driving. V8 is the way to go with this vehicle - plenty of power with my avg mileage (combined) very acceptable 19-20 mpg. Ford should find a way to keep ST alive...a little strategic advertising could go a long way.

Looks good
By Marsha K on 07/17/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 2007 Sport Trac and it looks good but the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. It is comfortable and I like the fact that the rear seat can seat adults or fold down for the dogs. The little cubbyholes in the bed seem to be pretty useless. One is unreachable unless I climb into the bed of the truck. The other two aren't even deep enough to hold a bottle of oil upright. I can keep bungee cords in one. I just drove it four hours straight with no discomfort so it fits me pretty good. 5'7 female. The Gas tank is on the wrong side for the USA and the interior door handle is inconvenient.

This truck can do it all!
By Mike M on 04/12/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned mine for just over 2 years and am the second owner. Truck has been nothing short of perfect. We take it everywhere. Vacation Road Trips, to the Beach, to the Mountains, around town, everywhere!! I've not yet found the task/chore that it couldn't handle and I do a ton of yard work and home improvement. The bed is approximately 2-3 inches deeper than a traditional pickup bed which makes it a breeze to pack gear into. I take good care of my truck and it takes care of me and my family.

Great secret model at Ford
By David on 12/03/09 13:18 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had to have a v8 and wife wanted this truck. It been rock solid as terms of reliability. I am large guy and takes some time to find a comfortable driving position. Interior is my only complaint. Hard plastic scratches easily and hard to keep clean. Handling is better than any truck I owned this is due to independent rear. Have every option but leather. Sound system is great. Some are complaining about mpg. We are getting 18.5 in combine driving of city and highway. On long highway trips we are getting 23 on average. Ford stand behind their warranty and had no issue when small issues came up. See below.

Good individual/family mobile
By Mrhubert01 on 08/13/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, comfortable ride....roomy and satisfactory power..would make a good family vehicle...great for trips ...more flexibility than traditional explorer I do have issue with lifespan of the seat covers-cloth Had a sunroof installed and tonneau put on. I have nearly all options on this one now...and really holding value

Problem Solver
By SEVEREBEAGLE on 03/27/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is finally over! I really enjoyed this wanna be truck, too bad the gas mileage was not great. 16 mpg on a good week of city driving. I wish the new 2009 was out but not at the dealer yet. Two things need to improve, the gas mileage and the small compartments in the bed should be waterproof and with locks of some kind. I am really gonna miss this one.

My Tiny Truck (TT)
By Gregory C! on 03/11/09 01:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Sport Trac. I owned an 04 model and loved it. I decided to upgrade to the 07 model because, I loved the overall look and larger size and when I saw the chrome package, along with all the extra interior amenities this one offered over my 04, I was hooked. The gas mileage is not quite as good as my old TT, but the power from the V8 more than makes up for it. I have had a lot of positive comments on this truck. She is a keeper!!!

Had it a year, and still love it
By Mrtwister on 02/15/09 11:42 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got rid of my TrailBlazer for this and got the way better deal. Build quality over GM is superior. Rides like an SUV, but I can pack 22 bags of leaves into the back. I drive 52 miles to work every day,

Better Than Original
By Yette on 02/10/09 04:21 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 Sport Trac, the 2007 version is a much better vehicle, quieter, quicker, better handling and more roomy. When I drive down the highway, the Limited edition is as tall if not taller than many F150's and Chevy trucks. The handling is car-like. The Sport Trac does well in snow and rain where the 2004 felt like it could get away at any time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.