2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: Should have bought it sooner

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

Should have bought it sooner
By Bo on

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Sport Trac a couple years ago and really liked them but hesitant to buy one because of past problems I had with an F-150. When I finally decided it was time to buy I started looking at trucks and SUVs from all manufacturers and probably judged Ford the hardest. I pretty much selected a vehicle from all the major manufacturers and then started the process of elimination by comparing features. Once I had it narrowed down to three vehicles I then went to dealerships for test drives and "in person" comparison. After extensive head-to-head tests there was no denying that the Sport Trac was the clear winner in features, style, usability, and build quality.

Everything...but if I had to specifically single out certain features it would be the tonneau cover, the bed extender, interior room and comfort.

Improve the digital odometer. It is difficult to distinguish between a zero and an 8 (especially when wearing sunglasses). Also, in future vehicles use the A/C vents found in the new Mustangs. They are the best designed vents ever.