My second one. I love it!
By fink501 on
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
My first one was a 2001. We put 70,000 miles on it in 4 years trouble free. Quite impressive for a brand new model. My wife is an avid gardener and always had our previous cars full of flowers, dirt, rocks and trees. Although I would not consider my Sport Trac a truck my wife does and it works beautifully for her hauling. The rear seats fold flat and provide a very useful cargo area while being fully secure. We have a lockable hard tonneau cover which makes the bed quiet weather proof and very useful. The 4 wheel drive is only adequate, the ride is only adequate, the cargo capacity is only adequate, the size is only adequate but what sets the SporTrac apart is that it does all of these things.
Favorite Features
Although the Sport Trac is not the very best of anything, it is very good at everything. The way I use my Sport Trac I consider it the very best option I had. I looked at both Japanese competitors and still bought my second Sport Trac! The cab is comfortable, the ride is comfortable and the bed is useful.
Suggested Improvements
The ride is comfortable but putting the Sport Trac on the new Explorer chassis would make it the best of the best.