2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Rating
By Tom on 06/26/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only had one problem with this vehicle.Only happened once; bogged down while going down highway. Pulled over - shut off engine - waited a couple of minutes and it started right back up and has not happened again since (months ago). Like the style and plenty of room in back seats for adults; the rear seat air conditioning is excellent. Recommend the hard cover option for the bed. Keeps items dry and helps gas mileage. I keep my foot in it and still get 20MPG highway.

Enjoyable
By Don on 06/26/05 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Extended cab allows for the seating of up to 4 people comfortably and up to 5.

Ford has a winner in the Sport Trac
By Mangy on 06/06/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think the Sport Trac is the best SUT on the market today. It is a perfect combination of room, towing capability, style and versatility. Four adults can very comfortably take a long trip in this truck (has seating for 5). It is a great truck for the average homeowner who has occasional hauling needs but doesn't need or want a full size truck.

Second Sport Trac for me
By MarkF on 06/03/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After putting on 100K on a first year 2001 Sport Trac I just had to buy another one. This time I upgraded to a leather package with the full console and fog lamps and couldn't be happier.

Like this Truck a Lot
By KBS on 05/27/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle fit all of my needs at a reasonable price. I needed a 4 door truck, but I didn't want a vehicle that was too long. I have been extremely pleased with the truck so far. Handles well and has good pep when you need it. I also like the fact that I can haul things and not have to worry about a bed liner or scratching the paint.

Pretty Good SUV
By Jeff on 05/27/05 09:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is a solid vehicle. We had trouble with the transmission at 10,000 miles but was handled promptly by the dealership. The only other issue I have is that the front seats on long trips become very uncomfortable for both my wife and me. We use the truck for everything;, skiing, snowmobiling, boating, biking. Really it's the perfect sports vehicle; not too big not too small and decent gas mileage.

Explorer Sport Trac
By David Temple on 05/25/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a new Sport Trac. This vehicle met the needs I wanted. I didn't need or want a full size pickup. But I wanted a bed to haul items that wouldn't fit inside a normal SUV. I wanted light duty towing capability and with 5300 lbs it easily meets that need. I have found that is has a quiet and smooth ride on the road. The seats are very comfortable. The interior is user friendly and the console easy to see. It isn't loaded with a lot of fancy electronic gadgets unless you want to add them on, which I didn't want. I have found it has smooth acceleration. It doesn't snap your head back but I wasn't looking for a sports car. Really good low end power and the brakes stop on a dime.

Should have bought it sooner
By Bo on 05/23/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Sport Trac a couple years ago and really liked them but hesitant to buy one because of past problems I had with an F-150. When I finally decided it was time to buy I started looking at trucks and SUVs from all manufacturers and probably judged Ford the hardest. I pretty much selected a vehicle from all the major manufacturers and then started the process of elimination by comparing features. Once I had it narrowed down to three vehicles I then went to dealerships for test drives and "in person" comparison. After extensive head-to-head tests there was no denying that the Sport Trac was the clear winner in features, style, usability, and build quality.

My Sport Trac
By gary on 04/25/05 19:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent in the snow; in the spring, you can sit in the bed and enjoy the weather at a beach or park.

My Sport Trac
By Russ on 04/09/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned, I bought it just before the gas prices went through the roof. Still not too bad on fuel consumption. On the highway I'm averaging 21-22 mpg. Great little truck.