Used 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Good to go
By RTC

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Trac does everything I need it to. I do a lot of hunting and 4 wheeling and the Trac has enough tow power to tow my boat and atv trailers. The ride is not as smooth as I would like after being spoiled in a '04 F150. The interior is kind of boring compared to the 07 models and the 04 and newer F150s and 05 and newer Explorers.

Power rear window and bed extender (extender is a must)

Dress up the interior which ford did in the 07s. Could have better shocks and chassis.

Couldn't be happier!
By jew72

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I originally looked at Sport Trac when they first came out years ago, but was able to get away with buying a much cheaper xtra cab Tacoma. Since then the kid has gotten a lot bigger and he was getting cramped in the back of the Yo. I looked at all the small/mid-size crew-cab trucks and found flaws with all of them. The Sport Trac had the fewest cons and by far the most pros. Since then I am extremely happy with my choice and with this Ford product. There is tons of room in the back seat (tested a Frontier, Tacoma, Dakota or Colorado). Front seats are extremely comfortable. Reliability is first class. Good job Ford. I am looking forward to testing a 2008 soon- gorgeous interiors!

Power rear window. Real humans can use the rear seats. Real tow capacity. Deep bed walls add to volume capacity. Commanding seating position.

Hybrid version would be a huge success.

Trac Lover
By dizazter

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been searching for a 4x4 for the last month, and kept coming back to the Sport Trac. I got a great deal on this '05 with tons of features that will more than meet my needs. Will be great for work and personal travel and elegant enough for a night out on the town.

Hard Tonneau cover, power rear window, moonroof, overall style

None that I can think of.

Ford Sport Trac
By Dale

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sport Trac has been a joy. We've had very few, if any problems. Sport Trac has been very solid with no rattles, squeaks and is well built.

Moonroof, leather interior, rear window.

I LOVE MY SPORT TRAC
By Hillary

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Mustang GT for this truck and my only regret is the Sport Trac not having the power the GT had. Other than that I love it! And it does get a lot of looks on a hot summer day with all the windows down and clean as can be.

Lots of windows, White gauges, tonneau cover with locking abilities, I feel safe to have my daughter in it.

The gap between the bed and cab of the truck is quite large, maybe bring it closer to the cab in future models.