2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
'03 Sport Trac
By Jonathan on 09/17/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only flaw I have found is the rigid and light rear end causes some stability issues. Often at normal road speeds, hitting bumps when going any direction but straight can cause the rear to skip a little, not a fun feeling. I would pass on the power seats if you want to be able to store anything under them, and the rear seats don't fold down flat if you store anything of size under them. Other than that, a wonderful truck.

My second Vegas trip
By Tim Monaghan on 09/07/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just completed our second Las Vegas trip in our Sport Trac from Victoria Canada. Great room, great comfort, even at Laughlin's 120 degrees! We have towed a smaller 16-foot travel trailer throughout the western U.S. and Canada over 14,000 foot mountain passes without a hiccup. We love it.

Happy with my Sport Trac
By Tony on 07/29/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great truck. Fits our lifestyle nicely, can still put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back, seat 5 adults comfortably, tow a utility trailer and still drive the thing around downtown and not have difficulty finding a parking spot. Biggest disappointment is the gas mileage. I can't understand how a 6 cylinder not being driven hard gets such poor mileage. Build quality is great and I haven't had a single problem with it.

Dream Car or truck it has it all
By Teri on 06/27/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Has good acceleration, comfortable to ride in, easy to handle. The side rails are a must have if you're going to use it as a family car. I thought the moonroof was just an extra expense - boy was I wrong. It's great for evening drives. If you open the moonroof on the open road, you need to open the rear windows a little to cut the roar; if you don't the interior is very noisy.

Second Sport Trac for me
By MarkF on 06/03/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After putting on 100K on a first year 2001 Sport Trac I just had to buy another one. This time I upgraded to a leather package with the full console and fog lamps and couldn't be happier.

Like this Truck a Lot
By KBS on 05/27/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle fit all of my needs at a reasonable price. I needed a 4 door truck, but I didn't want a vehicle that was too long. I have been extremely pleased with the truck so far. Handles well and has good pep when you need it. I also like the fact that I can haul things and not have to worry about a bed liner or scratching the paint.

The best truck I've ever had
By Bart on 03/22/05 17:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Sport Trac is the funnest truck I've ever driven, and it's absolutely gorgeous. The unique body style makes it a real head-turner and I couldn't be happier! I LOVE IT!

Love your car
By Luisa Friedrich on 02/10/05 23:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Explorer Sport Track has to be one of the coolest vehicles made. Durable, comfortable; even with a small bed with the tail gate down and the cage opened I can manage to get two dirt bikes in the back, so the small bed is good if you don't want a full size truck. I love the way it drives nice and quiet for a truck. It has plenty of power to haul a load, but yet cool enough to take friends and family on a trip. It is black with two tone grey leather interior and it also has painted bumpers and let me tell you when you clean this thing up it looks amazing! I plan to keep this truck a long time, it has been my favorite!

Luxury Truck
By Shadow on 02/02/05 23:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Truck has a great look and a decent ride. When you're driving you don't know you're in a truck; has leather seats and luxury features with plenty of room for front and rear passengers. Cab carries enough for everyday use.

Have it all
By boatndive on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck for those who want to be able to carry some small loads for home use. The back window also goes down to accomodate lumber. A great towing capacity of 5000lbs for my boat, room for 4 with regular size rear doors. Suspension can be improved by adding sway bar underneth. Minimal cost. Very happy with truck except for door handles in 2002 model. The paint chips easily. Plenty of power from v-6 with truck being lighter than regular f- 150.