2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Couldn't be happier!
By jew72 on 01/16/08 13:51 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I originally looked at Sport Trac when they first came out years ago, but was able to get away with buying a much cheaper xtra cab Tacoma. Since then the kid has gotten a lot bigger and he was getting cramped in the back of the Yo. I looked at all the small/mid-size crew-cab trucks and found flaws with all of them. The Sport Trac had the fewest cons and by far the most pros. Since then I am extremely happy with my choice and with this Ford product. There is tons of room in the back seat (tested a Frontier, Tacoma, Dakota or Colorado). Front seats are extremely comfortable. Reliability is first class. Good job Ford. I am looking forward to testing a 2008 soon- gorgeous interiors!

GREAT FOR A WOMAN THAT WANTS A TRUCK
By TERESA on 10/28/05 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am woman with children and hauls a lot of kids around. It is great for hauling flowers and taking kids to the football game all at the same time.

My Sport Trac
By Russ on 04/09/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned, I bought it just before the gas prices went through the roof. Still not too bad on fuel consumption. On the highway I'm averaging 21-22 mpg. Great little truck.