Very impressed
By dan the man on
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have owned many a truck--and I am very pleased to have purchased this one. My wife actually picked this one out--I was not aware it had a frame which allows it to tow over 5,000 lbs--the current V6 explorers only do 3,500 lbs because of their more uni-body construction (I believe I am correct in this). The rear power window is a god-send! It is large and easy to operate. I love the rubber floors--easy to get messy and easy to clean up! I have a 5x10 trailer and a property that needs a smaller truck to maneuver around the trees so the Sport Track can easily tow the trailer when the load out paces the smaller truck bed and it can also more easily get around the trees on my lot! Buy it!
Favorite Features
4 doors, 7 inches more legroom than Nissan Frontier (only 1 inch less than crew cab Chevy 1500), power sliding rear window, bed liner material and tonneau cover and side tie-downs, rubber floors, in-bed power-point, able to tow over 5000lbs, 4x4 low option, keyless entry door pad!
Suggested Improvements
There was no 2005 made, so look to the new 2006 and newer models. I drove a V8 2008 and loved it! The mileage is similar to the V6, so get the V8. Also, the 2008 includes some standard features the 2006/2007's had as options like the rear sliding power window.