2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
New Sport Trac 4WD Adrenalin
By DS on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 4WD Adrenalin. Price was great at $27,500. In fact my dad bought one also the next day. I also have an Excursion but wanted something smaller to commute to work. I bought this vehicle because of my experience with other Ford trucks compared to other brands. I live in a small town and really like my local Ford dealer for service.

Excited New Owner Shares His Experiences
By Jim Bunting on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Explorer Sport Trac kicks butt! I've had if for 3 weeks now and have put 2700 miles on it already. A trip to Chicago and 70 miles round trip to work every day have broken it in quickly. The ride is smooth like a luxury car and it takes the potholes really well. The engine is quiet and responsive. Passing is no problem with the 6 cylinder 4.0 L engine in this beauty.

THIS CAR IS JUNK
By CINDI on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

FROM THE DATE I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE I HAVE SPENT MORE TIME IN RENTAL CARS THEN MAY OWN IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP THAT OFTEN I PURCHASED IT AT ABOUT 34000 MILES NOW IT HAS 39000 AND THE PIECE OF JUNK JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND THE DEALER THATS A DIFFERANT STORY I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE FROM VICTORY FORD IN EPHARTA

2004 Ford Sport Trac
By DJ8 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fuel milage is acceptable. But not as good as I had hoped for. Satisfied with appearance. I'm still trying to get use to the smaller interior. I traded a full size P/U due to gas mileage concerns. Also getting use to the tight steering of the smaller vehicle versus a full size P/U. All and all I'd have to say I'm satisfied with everything except gas milage

Almost Perfect!
By The Paul on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the XLT premuium 2004 with leather, sunroof, 6-disc changer, etc. It is a absolutely great truck. The performance is good, ride is good ( a little rough on bad terrain, but it is a truck). Sound is good, seats are very comfortable and the price was good. I am happy to see ford build a product that Americans can buy and be happy about. Buy American!

Good truck
By T Alan on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Oveall this is a great truck.

Not bad for a 16 year old
By JDD 16 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this Car for my 16th birthday a year ago. I have had to do nothing but change the oil and Wiperblades. This car is great. I am a piano player who carrys around people and Keyboards, But also have 2 seadoo's. It carry's everything with no problem. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a truck but likes the interior of an SUV. I also had to pull my friends Jeep out of the mud! NO BOUNDERIES.

Sport Trac
By md3 on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Oustanding performance. Just as comfortable on mountain trails as riding around town. Well Worth it.

nice
By dwayne a hunt on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the best dame truck i have ever had.

my review
By spartanss8 on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

vehicle reliability is good, ride is bumpy but the vehicle is a truck. easy to clean interior.