Used 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

2004 SporTrac
By Dale Hepworth

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The SporTrac is a pleasure to drive. Literally drives like a car, but still can haul with the bed. However, steering is a bit wobbly, meaning, not as tight as in my old '99 Ford Ranger. Love the increased horsepower and 5 speed auto transmission. Sometimes you really have to put the pedal to the metal in order to shift into a higher gear. Other than the above, I would buy another one

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Interior lights stay on until out of car.

Suggested Improvements

Tighten up the steering.

Awesome!
By Michelle

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Ford Explorer Sprot Trac truck!!! It drives wonderful, plenty of room for 5 people, and the truck bed is a great size. There is a minor problem with the interior design, and I do mean minor....the location of the inside door handles is awkward, but you get very used to it. The cover for the bed is heavy, so 2 people is a requirement. But I have had so many compliments and everybody that drives it loves it! I will never get rid of this truck, and I usually get bored with vehicles about every 2 years or so.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and automatic rear window - - who needs a convertible?!

Suggested Improvements

Inside door handle location needs to be changed and maybe make it easier for 1 person to remove the cover for the bed.

I love my Sport Trac
By sybil

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had knee surgery and needed something easy to get into and out of without damaging my knee again. The Sport Trac fit that description for me over and above anything else I tried.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, cruise, heated seats, automatic seats, 4 x 4

Suggested Improvements

I have not found anything I would change unless there was a way to make a V-6 4.0 4 x 4 more fuel efficient.

Ford Sucks...
By Mixedthought

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't think this vehicle is worth the money you pay for it. The interior is very small. You really can't fit to much in it. Too compact. Just bought the car 6 months ago and the driver door, cd player, and rear window are broken. Car is worthless.

Favorite Features

Sun Roof.

Suggested Improvements

Car is too compact. Should have more room in the vehicle.

PERFECT!!!
By Rusty Fan

This truck is PERFECT. There is nothing more an average person could want in their truck. Great power, great reliability and fun to drive!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING. What is there not to like, it is a sporty looking truck that can get the job done!

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve on a perfect car!