2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Bouncing around
By papasmack on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the sport trac because of its looks, size and features and think that it will suit my purposes of light hauling. I think the interior is average and a bit dated, and pales in comparison to the new f150 interior. I really enjoy the power rear window and its driving comfort. However, I must say suspension has the truck jumping all over on bumpy roads. I would really love this truck if the ride was a bit smoother and not as skiddish.

Good for a family on the go!
By Miss M on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this because I was, frankly, scared of the size of a F150 extended cab! I like that I have a truck that isn't too big, and isn't too small. It is a good and comfortable vehicle for driving long distances in. I know the bed is small and the towing capacity is less than it's big brothers, but still 5300 pounds is still pretty good. For me I am beyond pleased!

FORD EXPLORER SPORTRAK
By STEVE RUGGERI on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

DOES WHAT I BOUGHT IT TO DO, CARRY MY WIFE AND 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND OUR THREE DIRT BIKES IN COMFORT AND WITHOUT USING AND STORING A TRAILER

great do anything car
By mjdunleavy on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love the car/truck it will fit 1 motorcycle with the tailgate down and has a great ride loader or unloaded. Needs more power and better economy so it needs to shead some pounds to get that done it is a heavy truck for it's size. Overall I am very pleased with the Sport.

Explorer Sport Trac
By rudemonkey on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have only had the truck for a short period of time but it is a vast imporvement form my last car. Even with the short bed it can tackle more thnat you think. I have no regrets with my purchase.

Fun to drive anytime!
By ajbran on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This hybrid of an SUV & pick-up truck is everything I had expected it to be. The V6 engine is quite responsive with plenty of "get-up-and-go" when needed on the road even when you have the air conditioner running. The no-frills interior of the XLS is very comfortable with some easy to reach amenities. There is plenty of leg room in the back for three adult passengers and my two kids really enjoy having the elbow room to spread out and keep their distance from their sibling rival. Highly recommend it for anyone looking for an alternative to the standard SUV or those that are sticker-shocked by the large crew cab truck prices.

rockin sport trac......great
By myfloyd on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Adrenalin 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

ford did a great job on the design of this truck i am a moto crosser/desert rider/sound system audiophile, it hauls my bikes and all my gear with room to spare, for a stock sound system ford and pioneer did a nice job, wont blow your head off....but it will impress, has a great ride and decent power...which can be hopped up for more performamce

Birthday Present
By Pirrung Family on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband bought me a White 2004 Sport Trac. I absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and has all the room I need and more. It even fits in the garage of my apartment building. I feel safe and protected in it. Thanks Ford for building such a great vehicle. Sincerely, Mary and Family

FORD EXPLORER
By G.J. URBANICK on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A GOOD TRUCK AND SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM ON THE ROAD.

Sporty Family Vehicle
By palatemodeler on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun to drive. Great all around vehicle for the family. Plenty of room in the front and rear seats. Nice bed for hauling. AWESOME stereo system!!