2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic 4.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2nd time around

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Review

2nd time around
By Matthew W on

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Sportie, and for a good reason. Two weeks ago, I was involved in a crash that totaled my 2001 Sportie .... the safety features worked extremely well. I had my sportie for 3 1/2 years, and the only complaint is that it could use a few more horses. The convenience of the large cab (to haul a rottweiller or several friends) as well as the bed (to haul a cubic yard of topsoil or mulch with no problem), made this truck invaluable. When I first looked at it back in 2000, I wasn't too sure about the exterior styling, but it's uniqueness grew on me ... now, most other trucks/SUVs just look, well, average.

Favorite Features

Premium CD player is satelite ready, utility of carrying 4 adults comfortably or plenty of stuff in the bed .... best buy for the buck in this class as far as I am comcerned !!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower (poss. have the 4.6L as an option), and/or better fuel economy (avg. 16-17 on my 1st sportie, over 69,000 miles).