2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Great looks, poor mileage
By Torreadorered on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Totally disgusted with mileage. Ranges from 10 mpg in town to 15-16 on hwy. Does much worse than my full size GMC with similar driving. Great ride, lots of good features. Wife even likes ride and accessories.

Very happy owner
By JRDALD617 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with my new vehicle. I would recommend the running boards.

I LIKE IT!
By jbelew on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had an extended cab Mazda B3000 but the back seat didn't accomodate two kids very well. The Sport Trac is perfect for me. I didn't want to give up my truck but I needed more seating capacity. Now I have both. Unlike some of the competitors, this truck has a REAL back seat. It's actually very comfortable for kids and adults. I regret not getting the fixed center console. The removable nylon bag doesn't do anything for me.

ST #2
By Pjnmary on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2004 Sport Trac is the second we have owned and we love it as much as the first (2001). Big enough for 5 people yet small enough to get into tight places, this truck/suv combo has it all. Available with the luxury of (heated) leather seats, Pioneer sound system, in dash 6 cd changer and sun roof (all of which ours has) and so much more! I originally traded my first ST in for an Expedition. That only lasted about 9 months. Had to have another Sport Trac! Cute, sassy, economical and just plain fun!

A Good One
By Roger Wills on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford Trucks , Gmc Trucks, and Toyota Trucks and have found out that Ford builds the best. The Sport Trac (almost a truck) has the best ride and is a fun truck to drive. The leg room is great and there is plenty of room in the back seat for passenger comfort. Although the truck bed is not full size with a bed extender I can haul what I need and still have the comfort of an SUV.

Sport Trac
By Jacksprat on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, my second one, first one had 40,000 miles on it and never back to dealer for anything. This one at about 15000 miles has never been back.Only thing that I don't like is the front bucket seat on the seat itself, sides are a bit high but other wise it is a great little truck.

Great Truck
By L. Martin on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great Truck so far...............

I love the truck in spite of it's flaws
By percplayer on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Ford Ranger for 13 years and it was a great truck. When I saw the review of the sport trac in 'Car and Driver' magazine, I knew this was the truck for me. I bought my sport trac the first year they were manufactured. It's been recalled a few times for small issues - nothing that I feel compromises the safety of the vehicle. The ride isn't as quiet as I expected in the cab, but that's about the only thing I really don't like about it. I love to drive my sport trac and it meets my needs.

2002 SPORT TRAC REVIEW
By JJRAINV on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

VERY FUN AND COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE. I LOVE THE LEATHER, THE FOUR DOORS AND THE SIZE OF THE BED WITH HARD TONNOUE COVER. IT IS A VERY SHARP LOOKING ADAPTABLE TRUCK.

XLT Premium in VA
By cade on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the ride, but I wish the gas mileage was better. The Upgraded Radio and CD deck is great. I really like the options (al Ford would put on it). I think Ford should put a Climaye Control that is Automatic, like in the Sables and Tarus.