2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Great Vehicle
By dexley74 on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ST for 3-weeks now and I love it more everyday (except for the scratch I put on it :( This vehicle is a blast to drive, I can't wait till summer when I can open the moonroof, and open all the windows including the rear. My only regret is I didn't get the upgraded stereo. I have the basic CD player with 4 speakers which is ok, but would like a little more now. I have the bed extender and hard cover which makes this vehicle even more versatile. It can haul plenty including my bikes and other recreational equipment. All the conveniences of an SUV and a large enough bed to haul/carry what I need.

2004 sport trac/shinny blue
By SE FLORIDA on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

RIDES EXTREMELY WELL AND DOESN'T FEEL LIKE YOU ARE IN A TRUCK. GOOD GET UP AND GO BUT A LITTLE HEAVY ON THE GAS PUMP!! I AM TRULEY IMPRESSED AFTER LOOKING AT IT FOR OVER A YEAR, GLAD I GOT MY 2004!!

a fun little ford
By fordlite on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the vehicle is fun to drive. the rubber flooring is a must have. Everything cleans up well and the cooler/console/armrest is very functional. I believe this to be a under rated vehicle that people need to take a second look at.

2002
By qa9031 on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have transported, king size mattress, mulch for the yard, scuba equipment, boating equipment all with relative ease, great vehicle.

2nd time around
By Matthew W on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Sportie, and for a good reason. Two weeks ago, I was involved in a crash that totaled my 2001 Sportie .... the safety features worked extremely well. I had my sportie for 3 1/2 years, and the only complaint is that it could use a few more horses. The convenience of the large cab (to haul a rottweiller or several friends) as well as the bed (to haul a cubic yard of topsoil or mulch with no problem), made this truck invaluable. When I first looked at it back in 2000, I wasn't too sure about the exterior styling, but it's uniqueness grew on me ... now, most other trucks/SUVs just look, well, average.

Excellent
By RobSky on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle. Wanted one and finally got one. Like the versatility.

My '03 Sports Trac
By Exxchuck on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looks great but handling is questionable. Too bouncy which causes a feeling of not being in total control of the vehicle. Gas milage is only fair at 17 in town and 19 on the road. Lots of aminities and the 6 CD player is great.

Great Vehicle
By Dennis Weller on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ford Explorer Sport Trac is a good running vehicle. I did expect better fuel economy. The v6 has alot of power. I have been asked alot by people about the vehicle, it really stands out and turns heads. The comfort is great and it rides high off the ground.

LUV IT!
By dcarver on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had mine for 18 months and I luv it! It is fun to drive and cuts thru snow like a plow! My kid love the rear window in the spring. I wish the MPG were better but that is my only complaint.

tracker review
By rjp on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I still to this day get people stopping me to tell me what a great looking truck I have.