2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Ford Sucks...
By Mixedthought on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't think this vehicle is worth the money you pay for it. The interior is very small. You really can't fit to much in it. Too compact. Just bought the car 6 months ago and the driver door, cd player, and rear window are broken. Car is worthless.

PERFECT!!!
By Rusty Fan on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is PERFECT. There is nothing more an average person could want in their truck. Great power, great reliability and fun to drive!

Noise?????
By ben13 on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I owned an Explorer (02) which developed low hum in rearend around 40 + MPH. The dealer tried several fixes and finally said live with it. I decided to trade in on sporttrac (03) no hum initially, but guess what after about 2K miles the old hum is back only louder and more annoying (riders notice it immediately). A local Ford dealer had a gtreat fix - ride with the radio on!!!!! Thanks ford. I've had several ford products over the last few years and this one is the last.

My Baby
By YOLY on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my baby, i have driven various types of SUV's. This is the "reliable" car. Room for 5 and back bed excellent for moving furniture. Great for material if into construction. Love it.

Sport Trac is the One
By sporttracz on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Sport Trac is a fantastic family vacation vehicle. Going to the beach in it is the best. No more sand in the carpet and no fishy smell inside the vehicle. Carry the family, boogie boards and fishing rods without any problems. It also has been great towing a large pop-up camper. You hardly ever know that it is behind you. The gas mileage towing the camper was 16.4. I felt this was exceptionally good considering we had the truck and the camper loaded up. I highly recommend anyone looking for a new family vehicle to look at the Sport Trac.

chucks chioce
By charles bryant on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

slow off the line, not much power needs a 8 cylinder, other than that, it is a pretty good truck. i like the looks and the styling of the sport trac. perfect size.i dont like the where the cruise control buttons are they should be where they are on the g.m.s on the turn signal switch. the sun visor should have extensions like the g.m.s

Good for a family on the go!
By Miss M on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this because I was, frankly, scared of the size of a F150 extended cab! I like that I have a truck that isn't too big, and isn't too small. It is a good and comfortable vehicle for driving long distances in. I know the bed is small and the towing capacity is less than it's big brothers, but still 5300 pounds is still pretty good. For me I am beyond pleased!

Explorer Sport Trac
By rudemonkey on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have only had the truck for a short period of time but it is a vast imporvement form my last car. Even with the short bed it can tackle more thnat you think. I have no regrets with my purchase.

FORD EXPLORER
By G.J. URBANICK on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A GOOD TRUCK AND SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM ON THE ROAD.

Almost Perfect!
By The Paul on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I recently bought the XLT premuium 2004 with leather, sunroof, 6-disc changer, etc. It is a absolutely great truck. The performance is good, ride is good ( a little rough on bad terrain, but it is a truck). Sound is good, seats are very comfortable and the price was good. I am happy to see ford build a product that Americans can buy and be happy about. Buy American!