2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: WARNING THIS THING TIPS EASILY

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Review

WARNING THIS THING TIPS EASILY
By Corinnenr on

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Sport Trac for less than 3 weeks when i got inot a major accidnet, but it was one that shouldn't have happened. I barely jerked my sterring wheel when all of a sudden my truck is going all over the freeway the next thing we know we hit the back side end of the the vehicle to our right then we kind of spun around and then flipped 5 times. The only good thing i can say is if the cab hadn't held up so well me and my friend would be dead right now.

If I had to give a favorite feature to this vehicle it would have to be the cab holding up well when it tipped but then again the airbags never even opened.

tighter steering
By 10qpalzm
on 07/30/14 18:50 PM (PDT)

I find it pretty questionable as well... it sounds an awful lot like they were speeding, and probably aren't the world's best driver.

By wow_wee
on 08/10/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

One can't help but wonder about this review. 1. This person obviously wanted to purchase this vehicle so I must assume when leaving the dealer they were very pleased with their purchase. Three months later after an accident, they do not have one good thing at all to say about this vehicle. They rated everything as low as possible. I understand the anger of being in an accident. But come on, now they don't like the interior or looks of the vehicle. Why did they buy it in the first place? 2. They say they barley JERKED the steering wheel. Now, please understand you can't make an evaluation of this vehicle on this little of information. What were the road conditions? Icy, Rainy, freshly paved (excessive oil from new asphalt) How fast were they traveling? A small jerk at 80mph could easily equal a very very very hard jerk at 25 mph. 3. After an experience like this I can easily see someone wanting to blame someone or something for their error in judgment while driving. I’m sorry for they had an accident, but they jerked the steering wheel. #1 rule in drivers training 101 DON’T JERK THE STEERING WHEEL OR YOU MAY CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!