Thoughts on Trac
By Mr. Wilson on
2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I really like this vehicle. It's comparatively well appointed for the price. It's comfortable and fun to drive. The bed offers a number of hauling options with the tonneau cover (which creates a fully lockable water tight "trunk") and the bed extender. The Trac isn't as huge as some of it's competitors; therefore, it fits neatly in the garage. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs to have the ability to haul cargo and people. I read a review on Edmunds.com suggesting that the vehicle vibrates at highway speeds. I have not been able to reproduce this issue in vehicles I test drove or in the one I purchased.
Favorite Features
So many favorites... the versitility of the bed. The rear passenger climate and radio controls. The CD/Cassette/Radio. The leather heated seats. The comfortable ride. The sun/moon roof. The remote entry system. The tinted back windows. The power back window.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see an option for a V8 engine as other Explorers have, and (of course) anything that improves fuel efficiency. Yes, I want lots of power with great gas mileage.:o)