2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Nice, but....
By Mike Johnson on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sport Trac is a OK. It looks really good on the outside, BUT... on the inside it's lacking. Climate control (no air recycle function), door handle seem flemsy and too damn close to the edge of the driver seat. And...where is the power seat control? I know it's down there somewhere, but I can't see it. Also, the seats don't recline all the away, what's up with that??? My dealer ship sells the bed top separately...what's up with that??? Overall it looks good, but the gas mileage is just so so. It's only got a V6 and the F-150 has about the same gas mileage with more towing capacity.

SportsTrac is the perfect car/truck
By superman1000 on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our SportsTrac to compliment our Audi A4 and WOW are we impressed. The SportsTrac has a luxury ride, quality interior and is the perfect size for my 5'3" wife. She loves to drive this new addition to our family. Go get one - you will enjoy the perfect truck that drives and rides like a car!

Great Truck
By Hellraiser5d on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

fun, good, excellent great to drive. i lkie the way that it looks too.

Excellente
By jjuan jose on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The best car ever

(2002) sport trac
By ashstone on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle, best in price range. Multi-use, love the backseat room and the plastic covered bed. Looks great, runs great and fun to drive. Some minor paint defects (primer flakes under clear coat)that needed fixing so check closely when you purchase. Comfy seats, and ride, absolutely love it! Fun truck and useful for the long term buyer. Will keep this truck for yeeeaars!!

I LOVE IT
By fdsfd on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love this car.

Common Features Not Present
By The Truth on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

10,000 miles on my 2002 Sport Track.In shop twice: 1st-pioneer 6-cd in-dash player wouldn’t play or eject CDs, and 2nd - multiple issues-driver's side window wouldn’t raise up; fuel pump problem; and plastic piece broke off the cage extender. Also, poor turning radius, noisy road ride, no lock for glove compartment, no option to recycle the air (except when using max AC, which doesn’t work when you need heat), and if you drive with a woman, she'll note there’s no light on vanity mirror. And lastly, if you ever have to sleep in it, the seats do not fully recline. Sport Track is a great concept-but cheaply implemented by Ford.

Vibration Warning
By WhitewaterTrac on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle develops a vibration around 60 mph that is present from there up in speed. The vehicle has been looked at by two different dealerships, both of whom have stated that ALL Sport Tracs do this. Multiple balances and rotations performed on this vehicle at multiple shops have not removed this vibration. New tires were installed and the vibration still exists. Ford Customer Service agrees that this exists on all Sport Tracs they produce. Please be very cautious when buying this vehicle. If you plan on doing primarily highway driving on smooth surfaces above 60 MPH I would suggest a different vehicle.

2002 Sport Trac
By briemarine on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All my life, I have owed Chevys; but, not anymore. I love my Sport Trac. It has power, durability and it is fun to drive. Sure beats the cumbersome Chevy Silverado 2500 Lemon I had.

Love it!
By BlackLabLover on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was looking for an Explorer with a BIG trunk - this is it! I drove an Explorer before this and the cargo area was too cavernous when I wasn't hauling anything, and sometimes too small when I was. This is the best of both worlds.