2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Best decision I've ever made!
By Jenn D. on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I researched the ST for quite some time along with other vehicles, I did realize that for what I wanted to pay, the ST was the only way to go! I never thought I'd drive such a loaded vehicle, let alone one that looks this sharp. I am also EXTREMELY happy that I got the cargo cage in the back, I couldn't imagine life without it! Other options I got were: 4.10 Axle with limited sleep, sunroof, premium (2-tone) leather seats and tinted front windows. There is also a great Sport Trac community online at mysporttrac.com Lots of friendly and helpful fellow sport trac owners!

Best Truck Period
By Shermstix on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Vehicle is amazing. It is basically the Explorer SUV with a cut out for a composite bed. Smooth ride coupled with a luxurious interior make this "Truck" feel as if you were driving a Lincoln. I would recommed it to anyone who has a family but still needs to haul large items like when you are landscaping. Plus it is Ford tough!!

Love my baby
By Kateg1111 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car; I was originally going for the traditional explorer, but my husband convinced my to get the Sport Trac; I'm so glad he did. It's fun to drive, smooth ride, and dependable. Plus, is got safety gadgets galore. That's important with a baby on the way!

Great value
By joepalmer1 on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Researched all available midsize 4door 4x4 trucks. This one came out on top. Better mileage, fit and finish than dodge, chevy, gmc and nissan. Spoke with all available dealers and read all available reviews. Sport trac won on above mentioned items. Price out the door for a loaded xlt premium, 4x4, leather, hard cover, cage, 6 disc, heated seats, limt slip, and moon roof = $28950 with tax (5.75%) Happy deal making! nows the time to buy!

Great Value
By overflow23 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my ST! The ride is super quiet, especially for a truck! I was quite impressed with the initial quality. The power is great. Even though they have been out for 3 years, it still turns heads. There is a great support community and owner's meets across the US. I recomend it totally!

Overall Opinio
By TracN Nelson on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Though we have had issues with front disk/disk pads squeeking. This seems to be common problems with all Sport Tracs. The dealer replace rotors and and pads twice, but after 4000 miles the squeek came back. Now I use different disk pads and now no squeeks. I replaced the original shocks and sway bar to more obsorbent shocks that reduces the rear of the Sport Trac from bouncing and the rear sway bar increase vechicle stability in turns and in hard braking, though the ride is much stiffer -

Strange Mix
By Onitnerr on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2003 Sport Trac is a strange mix. It looks good on the outside but once inside you realize that there is little or no room to reach down and adjust the seat settings or power bolsters. The door is so close to the seat itself that your arm can become trapped. Interior could use some dressing up. Even the premium 6 cd in dash sound system is blah to look at

Sporty
By daveshack on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck for every day around town use. Very comfortable for long and short trip.

Fun Car / Truck
By Cip on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought it i am in love with this car don't tell my wife it is very practicle in every way i have the 2003 Premium One Loaded it is great!

2002 Sport Trac
By WCH on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2000 Ranger V6 for the Sport Trac. Has all the room that I was looking for and the comfort to boot! Very nice leather interior, comfortable seats, high look-out view. Drives very well on the open highways, except on very windy days...then you get blown all over the place! Otherwise, decent ride for a truck. Gets LOTS of looks from everyone! Would recommend to anyone!