2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Dorf on Trucks
By Dorf on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Practical as a Truck and yet I can haul 5 adults comfortably. Gas mileage is decent and interior is quite comfortable. Left leg room is limited with steering wheel so close. Overall a very useable/practical vehicle.

Thoughts on Trac
By Mr. Wilson on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this vehicle. It's comparatively well appointed for the price. It's comfortable and fun to drive. The bed offers a number of hauling options with the tonneau cover (which creates a fully lockable water tight "trunk") and the bed extender. The Trac isn't as huge as some of it's competitors; therefore, it fits neatly in the garage. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs to have the ability to haul cargo and people. I read a review on Edmunds.com suggesting that the vehicle vibrates at highway speeds. I have not been able to reproduce this issue in vehicles I test drove or in the one I purchased.

brake dust
By unired00 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I am enjoying my sport trac. The only think that I've noticed is the amount of brake dust coming from the front rotors. I've gotten 3 opinions and have been told all 3 times that it's normal on SUV's. I haven't had any problems with the brakes, it just looks like crud. The interior driver space is limited. Your arm will get stuck trying to adjust the seat.

Nice Features and Design
By bcoomer on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Outstanding features and very comfortable leather seats in the XLT Premium. The small bed meets our needs with the bed extender. Great exterior look. Nice innovation to create more room for the back seat which is actually comfortable, compared to the Nissan Frontier CB. There were rumors of being "floaty", though somewhat floaty at 65mph it drives like a sports car compared with the Frontier CB, even at 30mph. Low ground clearance, but we got 2WD anyway. The electric rear window & sunroof create an awesomely nice draft!!

WARNING THIS THING TIPS EASILY
By Corinnenr on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Sport Trac for less than 3 weeks when i got inot a major accidnet, but it was one that shouldn't have happened. I barely jerked my sterring wheel when all of a sudden my truck is going all over the freeway the next thing we know we hit the back side end of the the vehicle to our right then we kind of spun around and then flipped 5 times. The only good thing i can say is if the cab hadn't held up so well me and my friend would be dead right now.

XLS Five spped
By skier4life2000_101 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Delivers what it promises. The XLS doesn't have many extras, but it is a comfortable 4 door, 4wd that is sharp looking. The price was right as well, $200 UNDER invoice!

'03 SPORT TRAC... GREAT VEHICLE
By MoMan on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my eye on a new vehicle for some time now. When I looked at the Sport Trac I wasn't quite sure about it. Then I test drove one and was so impressed with it that I bought it right then and there. I have driven all brands except G.M. (it's a personal thing), I think this vehicle is fun to drive. It is perfect for my needs as Im the President of a Construction company and need to entertain clients as well as visit jobsites. It is both comfortable and very versatile. I have only had the vehicle for a short period and already have great respect for what Ford accomplished with this vehicle. I can't say enough positive things about this vehicle.

Sport Trac Owner impressions
By dks000 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

For such a big truck outside it seems little inside! We didn't want a full size crew cab truck and the mini crew cab trucks were too little. It's very comfortable and suitable for a 400 mile family vacation trip and still easy to run to the mall with. Gas milage is OK for this size and weight truck. The added weight is helpful when towing trailers by being more stable in cross winds. The price was lower than other trucks we considered and with good expierence with an old Ranger pickup we jumped on this truck. (I mean bought it!)

Excellent value, loaded with features
By Hauler on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Well, with this rediculously small amount of space, All I can really say is: "Test the Sport Track agains all other cross overs, and it will dawn on you that the other's are not even in the same class".

Best for me
By waterguy on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The Sport Trac is the perfect pick up for the way I use a pick up. Excellent seating for 4 full sized adult people. Easy to get in and out. Excellent in the snow.