2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
very satisfied
By ta on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

purchased a used sport trac,03,9000 miles, love it, very handy auto/truck. drives and rides much better than the rest,colarado,tacoma,frontier, etc. more room in the back seat. the bed holds enough for the home owner/sports men. wish it came with the V8, under powered put adaquite. gas mileage about 16 around town 19 trip.

Fun Truck
By nyricanf15 on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never thought of owning a truck until I drove the Sport Trac. It had everything I needed from comfort to cargo capacity.

Love it, but I did overpay
By washatkc on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This baby handles well. It is fun to drive and I love the original look. Easy to clean, gas milage for a truck/SUV is solid. I am happy with my Sport-trac, just realize I was over charged. So if you are buying in the KC area beware Rusty Eck.

Nice Family Truck
By torelico on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We needed a vehicle with four doors, and wanted a truck, and I had wanted an Explorer for years. Voila - Everything we needed/wanted in one vehicle. MPG isn't as good as stated on the sticker, but otherwise, great vehicle!

Usefull and comfy
By nyrican26 on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Sport Trac fit perfect with my needs. The comfort and space of a SUV with a bed big enough to carry anything I want.

sexy but>>>>
By sportracker on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

great looking vehicle,stand alone looks for price.(by the way i like black) owned a honda prior to this purchase and spent a whole $4.00 on repairs in 3 years and 100,000 miles.second trip to the gargage for brakes in 6 months on this one im still crossing my fingers because i still love it.

2nd ST, nothing compares in its class
By gdogg on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second ST and I must say, after looking in its class for something else, there wasn't! The ST is alone the best in the class, save for having the option of a V8. If you are going to get 15mpg like I do with mine, you should atleast have the power!

I never expected to love it
By jocopapay on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was driving a BMW 315 when I came across the Sport Trac. It was supposed to be for my husband but I loved driving it..now it's mine! The back seat has so much room, even four adults can ride in comfort and there is plenty of room to haul just about anything. Sitting up so high makes me feel safer too.

Explorer Sport Trac
By BiGBaDBoB92979 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has the best ride and the best look. That I have ever had.The Sport Trac handels great in the rain and snow.I bought it for the four doors. The Sport Trac handels the small loads that I carry no problem at all.

Enjoying the Sport Trac
By mdcoop33 on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun vehicle to dry. Very cool package, both inside & out. It is enough of a truck to do all the things I need out of a truck (just finished a basement and hauled everything needed). Provides the flexibility of decent gas mileage (dry it daily) and provides plenty of room for 4. Enjoy the vehicle very much - only problems - both rear door mechanisms have had to be reworked. I purchased an after market soft top - should have gone with the factory hard top.