2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Love my Sport Trac
By Lance on 03/06/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Sport Trac for three years now and have to say that it is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I've buried it to the axles, had a front end collision (w/o airbag deployment), pulled a 3,500 boat thousands of miles and it runs today like the day I bought it. I love the styling and functionality as well. I can take it on a date to the philharmonic or to the local nursery and load it up with plants in the backseat and mulch in the bed.

It's just what I wanted
By david on 01/23/06 12:49 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with Ford Sport Trac has been one of the best experiences I have had in my life. I drive it often, even on trips. I have had no problems other than normal maintenance. It is what I needed. Living in the country area I needed 4X4, wanted no carpet and be able to carry my grandkids. It does it all, and since I am retired I just have small jobs for the yard and such and the bed it just perfect, you don't have to worry about the bed scratches and the tie down would allow you to carry a lot more than you think. My wife loves it and has no problem getting to and back from work in the snow, and we can go out in the field with no problems.

Kevin's Sport Trac
By Kevin on 11/16/05 13:41 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 2 years, I have not had any mechanical problems, just routine maintenance. It has fairly comfortable seats, but could use a little more power.

Good Car
By Jennifer on 08/08/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over all the car is pretty good. It was my first car, and brand new there are just a few things I would change.

Versatile Truck, but could handle better
By Erik on 07/28/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Sport Trac for over two years now, and it's been a very versatile truck for our family. We were originally planning on purchasing a Ranger, but the Sport Trac won us over with the larger cab - even with the shorter bed. We drive it about 15,000 miles a year as our only vehicle, and have had no problems with it - our 30,000 mile check came back in shipshape condition. Unfortunately, an idiot turned in front of us and caused a wreck in our truck - however she ended up causing more damage to her car. The ST basically has nothing more than fender and grill damage, and the only injury was a hand fracture - and the airbags did not deploy.

My Baby Monster
By Kathy Dunn on 07/25/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having been in a bad car accident in 1995, I wanted another SUV that was BIG and SAFE. My husband was in the mood for a pick-up truck and, to my sadness, traded in my Explorer for a Chevy S-10 pick-up. After a year of me badgering my husband about trading in my Explorer that we got interest-free, he FINALLY broke down and took me to another dealer and I saw the "car of my dreams" -- an Explorer Sport-Trac. Since we need a truck bed where we live and have to bring our trash to a dumpster, the Sport-Trac solved all my problems. It gave me back my Explorer as well as giving me a truck bed in the back. I love my Explorer. It handles real good in snow. Most importantly, I feel SAFE!

My Sport Trac
By brett chapman on 01/19/05 23:52 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use this truck for my sales job and for a multitude of other things. It is a great design in terms of versatility. It carries my sales tools, kayaks, bikes and camping gear with ease. I can use it to haul yard waste to the dump in the morning and then take my wife out to dinner in the evening in style.

Extreme disappointment
By disappointed on 12/28/04 16:35 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with the vehicle performance. I am sure I was sold a lemon. I love the looks of the Sport Trac, but the rest of the vehicle is another story. Very hard idling, almost stalling, sputtering down the road, malfunctioning windows, turn signals and seat belts. Hope all of you have better luck than I.

2003 ST
By TChapman on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This my second Sport Trac and I love this vehicle. It fits all of my needs with its bed and interior room. I have had no issues with it since purchased.

Want to downsize to one vehicle?
By tracker464 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ST is about two-thirds car and one- third truck, which, along with its great looks, is why I bought it. We could sell a car and a truck and cut down on time-consuming checkups and maintenance/repair costs, tags, car washes, etc. It doesn't ride quite as smoothly as a luxury car, but it's not as rough as a regular pickup either. It is so versatile, and you can see that the car/truck combo is really catching on by the dramatically increasing number of them on the road. If, like me, you just don't need something as big as an F150 (or similar) crew cab, I think the ST offers the most room and comfort of any smaller size crew cab out there.