2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
RIDE ON.
By sayyed on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

good rugged front end on the sport trac. everyone & everybody should own one of these.

love it
By sport trac on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent, fun to drive, very handy features, very comfortable, a very good reliable truck to own

expierience
By mary goongs on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's fun going off road.

Sport Trac=Fun
By fuente858 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best truck that I have ever owned. Very comfortable, love the leather seating. Test drove all the others and this was the one.

Dorf on Trucks
By Dorf on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Practical as a Truck and yet I can haul 5 adults comfortably. Gas mileage is decent and interior is quite comfortable. Left leg room is limited with steering wheel so close. Overall a very useable/practical vehicle.

Nice Features and Design
By bcoomer on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding features and very comfortable leather seats in the XLT Premium. The small bed meets our needs with the bed extender. Great exterior look. Nice innovation to create more room for the back seat which is actually comfortable, compared to the Nissan Frontier CB. There were rumors of being "floaty", though somewhat floaty at 65mph it drives like a sports car compared with the Frontier CB, even at 30mph. Low ground clearance, but we got 2WD anyway. The electric rear window & sunroof create an awesomely nice draft!!

Sport Trac Owner impressions
By dks000 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For such a big truck outside it seems little inside! We didn't want a full size crew cab truck and the mini crew cab trucks were too little. It's very comfortable and suitable for a 400 mile family vacation trip and still easy to run to the mall with. Gas milage is OK for this size and weight truck. The added weight is helpful when towing trailers by being more stable in cross winds. The price was lower than other trucks we considered and with good expierence with an old Ranger pickup we jumped on this truck. (I mean bought it!)

Best decision I've ever made!
By Jenn D. on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I researched the ST for quite some time along with other vehicles, I did realize that for what I wanted to pay, the ST was the only way to go! I never thought I'd drive such a loaded vehicle, let alone one that looks this sharp. I am also EXTREMELY happy that I got the cargo cage in the back, I couldn't imagine life without it! Other options I got were: 4.10 Axle with limited sleep, sunroof, premium (2-tone) leather seats and tinted front windows. There is also a great Sport Trac community online at mysporttrac.com Lots of friendly and helpful fellow sport trac owners!

Love my baby
By Kateg1111 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car; I was originally going for the traditional explorer, but my husband convinced my to get the Sport Trac; I'm so glad he did. It's fun to drive, smooth ride, and dependable. Plus, is got safety gadgets galore. That's important with a baby on the way!

Fun Car / Truck
By Cip on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought it i am in love with this car don't tell my wife it is very practicle in every way i have the 2003 Premium One Loaded it is great!