2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: Problem Child

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

Value Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 4.2 ft. Bed)

Problem Child
By Sara on

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck a year ago and had nothing but problems. First the battery needed to be replaced a week after I bought it. I had to replaced a hose that was causing my engine light to come on 2 months after I bought it, it was figured out after two appts at the shop. My back driver side door does not open from the inside, I have to let everyone out by opening their door. My ABS kicks in when it should not kick in causing me to spend numorous visits to the mechanic. Turns out, I have to spend the big bucks and take it to the Ford dealer. Lastly, which is not diagnosed yet but I've been told my alternater needs work. It just never ends with this truck.

Sun roof after I learned how to close it without wind coming through. Back sliding window.

Get rid of the noise issue underneath the vechicle. Sometimes it sounds like my truck is 120 years old. My only other suggestion is to buy a different vehicle.