2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: Lovin my ST so far

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Lovin my ST so far
By JerichoJeff on

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought our ST as a utility vehicle for around the house; we needed a truck with 4 drs and a real back seat. Our ST is exactly what we were looking for. It handles well, rides wonderfully, and is super comfortable inside, even in the back seat (I'm 6'1", and can sit very comfortably in the back). It's a great looking vehicle too. I've received continuous comments on it since getting it. The roof rails are great, and allowed me to attach my bike rack to the top in minutes. The tie downs in the back are excellent, as well as the composite bed. So far, the only thing we've had to be concerned about is the fuel economy. But really, it's no better or worse on gas than any other truck. We love it!

Composite bed and tie-downs, power back window, roof rails, exterior design. Fold-down rear seat. Bed extender is a great addition.

Like with every truck, improve the mpg. If I nurse it, I can get 18mpg around town...even got 24pmg on the highway once. But over the winter, was getting 15mpg. Not great. Also, perhaps increasing the payload capacity. Anything more than 700lbs in the back, and she starts sitting pretty low.