I LOVE my Sport Trac!
By Ron Brandich on
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I ordered my Sport Trac on Oct.19, 2001. I ordered evrything that was offered and then I waited till Dec.26 when it came in I also had the dealer order and put on the automatic headlights, bug deflector for the front,side window deflectors, rear cargo mat and custom mud flaps. I also just had it stripped with silver metallic sparkle double stripe tape last week. I now have 2300 miles on it and I will admit it gets about the same mileage as my FULL SIZE Ford Econoline. I really don't know if it will get 15 to 20 MPG like the window sticker said anymore. I give it a rating of 9.5! I also do wish you could get the same options for the Sport Trac as you can get for the regular Explorer.
Favorite Features
I love the moon roof, electric rear window, 5 speed trans,lumbar seat[ which they had to fix twice], the hard top rear cover and the CD player-my first in a vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage! Auto headlights! Puddle lights like on the Explorer! 3-4 more inches in the back seat area! Power tail gate to open [like the rear doors on my van]Mileage computer like on my wife's Pontiac Montana! I'm glad I ordered my Sport Trac.....I love it!