2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: Heart BRAKER

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

Value Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 4.2 ft. Bed)

By surreal on

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the look of the vehicle, very sporty chic looking, I've had it two years and have had to replace the brakes twice and the rotors once, which I believe to be sub standard from the factory, and now have my suspicions about the bearings as well! I'm a female, miles are all highway, and I do not do heavy braking. I'm getting a LOT of road noise frequently from the front end, when it's checked, it's the brakes or the rotor. Now I'm suspecting the bearings are bad! For my driving style, this is unacceptable for a vehicle of this type/cost to be having so many wheel problems. If used as a man's truck, worked, it would not survive long I fear. I'm worried, so I bought the extended warranty!

I love the look of the truck, and the features are nice. The interior metallic finish does flake off too easily, but the seats are comfy, and the floorboard style makes it easy to clean, love the back window. No complaints with int/ext styling. The truck looks awesome. It gets 19 mpg.

Use a higher quality brake/rotor/bearing system that last past 20,000 miles! This is a "FORD" product; where is the QUALITY that we as consumers subscribe to by our purchase? Looks will only take you so far, my friends are teasing me with the old epitaph: FORD stands for FOUND ON THE ROAD DEAD.