2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Best
By snokid19 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sport trac is the best becuae its the best of both worlds. Its a truck and an SUV. It can switch between 2x4,4x4 high, and 4x4 low. That's great for rough roads. The sport trac compared to the avalanche(from what I've heard about it) is better because its easier to convert and better gas milage.

NIce Vehicle
By Mike6 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

this is an awesome vehicle

Good things come in small packages
By C. J. Frederick on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I liked the sporty look compared to the F-150, which was another choice before purchase. I primarily use it as a car/suv, but I like the small bed with hard cover as an oversize trunk. I can take the top off for those Home Depot runs.

Best of Both Worlds
By Drake the Snake on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What can I say. This has to be one of the best rides Ford has put out in a long time.It rides like a plush car, NO body roll or lean, has power and able to haul a load around. Not as big as a full size, but we didnt want a big truck, and this truck fit the bill to a tee. Great support where you need it, especially for your back, great leg room, even for tall folks. Hope to have this truck for a long time!!

ST 4X4 looks great and is fun too.
By James white on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 but I loved the ST when I first saw it in 2000. I just never buy first year releases. It seats 4 normal size adults with comfort. Performance is realy good and off road is fun. Because it is ans SUV or Truck class you and customize it. The only thing I hate is the MPG. It just sucks. Other then that I love the BEAST.

I love this Ford!
By James G. King on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

jUST AN AWESOME VEHICLE! a LOT OF THOUGHT WENT INTO DESIGNING THIS VEHICLE!

Great Buy
By Sam Smith on 03/17/02 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I am very satisfied.

Two Vehicles in One!
By dblackwell on 03/12/02 12:57 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband's employer eleminated company provided cars so we traded our truck for something economical. I needed a car to haul grandchildren & grandparents and a truck for the yard work, recycle center & furniture. I traded my 2000 Maxima and the SportTrac has been a dream come true. I can do it all!

Explorer Sport Trac
By kzerby on 03/03/02 00:44 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because I am going to be having a child soon and needed something with more room. I chose the Sport Trac because of its unique ability to carry passengers and still haul items in the pickup bed. I also chose this vehicle because of the decent reviews it has gotten from most reviewers. Also I love the color (Island Blue)! So far I have 1450 miles on my Sport Trac.

Most Versatile Vehicle!
By Jim Johnson on 03/01/02 04:54 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Sport Trac ("ST") excels as an automotive Swiss army knife. It has decent performance and handling, seats five in comfort, functions surprisingly well as a pickup, and handles snowy roads with aplomb. And unlike the Chevy Avalanche, it doesn't look like it was designed by a committee. Simply the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned!