2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Great Family Car!
By KDJ1220 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is such a great family car especially if you have animals too! It is so functional. You have the convenience of a SUV with the capacity of a truck for your visits to Home Depot! You can seriously do it all with this vehicle. We are very thrilled about our purchase and wouldn't be surprised if we buy another a couple years down the line.

Versatile, fun to drive vehicle !
By MKirk on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The SportTrac is a pleasure to drive and feels comfortable on the freeway, on city streets or off-road. It is versatile enough to perform like an SUV, a small pickup or a car with a huge trunk space (with the optional tonneau cover). It has a smooth ride and a roomy interior that can comfortably accomodate a tall driver. It has enough engine power to accelerate briskly on the freeway and to tow a small boat or trailer. It is easy to climb into and has a functional interior design. The exterior look is distinct and eye-catching.

Still Pleased
By Alynda on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I now have over 15,000 miles on my Sport Trac and am still pleased with my purchase.

Love that Sport Trac
By SpttrkBob on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle for its versatility. You can seat four comfortable (five in a pinch) and it drives like an SUV. Yet, I still have a bed to get mulch or bring things to the dump. I really enjoy driving it. It was a good replacement for my 94 Ford Ranger

Fits that "niche" I am in
By jlawhon on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Sport Trac fits my needs perfectly. With the cargo cage extender, it has plenty of bed space when I need it. The fold-down rear seats give me even more room to work with. But it's also a comfortable ride to work, which is my main use of the vehicle. The handling is okay, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the gas mileage, which is almost as good as the Ford Ranger I traded in for the Sport Trac, and the Sport Trac's smooth but powerful acceleration when I need it is tremendous.

Outstanding Vehicle
By TLCOOP on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful vehicle. No problems at all.

"Oh... I like that!"
By Josh L on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Ford Sport Trac is a kick @ss ride. A vehicle which can not be duplicated (although has been tried.. Avelanche...). The uniqueness of this truck/suv is absolutley somthing not to miss. A Full 4 door cabin, center console, and a bed sized enough for a daily trip to the shoppes and large anough for a cammute to Home Depot. What absolutely gets me with this truck/suv, is that the 4.0L V-6 engine has enough power to get a thrill out of. Producing 210 Hpr, this engine does it's job. Quiet, and smooth they maid it, Fords 4.0 IS THE BEST.

Love
By ciq on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this SUV!!!!

Love this truck!
By acpeterson on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but good luck with this vehicle. It's fun to drive and great for the dog to ride in the back seat. Plenty of room for four or five people.

I LOVE my Sport Trac!
By Ron Brandich on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered my Sport Trac on Oct.19, 2001. I ordered evrything that was offered and then I waited till Dec.26 when it came in I also had the dealer order and put on the automatic headlights, bug deflector for the front,side window deflectors, rear cargo mat and custom mud flaps. I also just had it stripped with silver metallic sparkle double stripe tape last week. I now have 2300 miles on it and I will admit it gets about the same mileage as my FULL SIZE Ford Econoline. I really don't know if it will get 15 to 20 MPG like the window sticker said anymore. I give it a rating of 9.5! I also do wish you could get the same options for the Sport Trac as you can get for the regular Explorer.