2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 4.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - I Wouldn't Buy Another

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

Base Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 4.2 ft. Bed)

I Wouldn't Buy Another
By parkerad on

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Price & Resale Value (I paid $30k & that didn’t include Leather, Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, or Running Boards.The day I bought it, 1 yr ago, I had $6k in equity. Been trying to sell it – I’ll be lucky to break even.); Fuel Efficiency; Noisy (Sounds like the drs & windows are cracked w/ the wind blowing thru.); Sun Visors (Sun is always in my eyes no matter how I adjust them.) Overall,not worth the money I spent. Maybe the dealer I used ripped me off. Maybe Ford needs to improve upon this vehicle. Would I buy another? No way.

Favorite Features

Like the Styling; Sound System’s ok; Comfortable to me but, my husband’s tall. It's a bit of a squeeze for him; Easy to keep clean.

Suggested Improvements

Sun Visors need to cover more area, Standard tires could be a little bigger, Price needs to go down or more options need to be included as standard, Have a bed is kind os useless if it is only 5 feet long. Maybe to bed extender should come standard.