2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: High Priced Junk

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

Base Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 4.2 ft. Bed)

High Priced Junk
By Mike_A on

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had it less than a year and it's been in the shop 3 times. First the dealer sold me the bad Firestone tires which needed a recall. Next was the power stearing pump when out and the third was my oil pressure guage went haywire and come to find out almost all of the oil sensors had to be replaced. I have the 4x4 loaded model and baby it, dealer oil changes, garaged parked at work and home, never in snow/mud/rain completely taken care of. And the wind noise is unbearable at times, everyone that rides in it makes the same commit "what is that noise". The first chance to unload it for the loan amount it's sold....any buyers???

Favorite Features

Looks, rear radio and the rear window. I am not even going to mention the poor gas mileage coupled with the Honda Civic like weak engine or the small turning radius in 2wd.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a V8 really bad or how about not having it break down the first year. The only reason I purchased it was the looks and the rear window, the first chance to unload it for the loan amount it's sold....any buyers???