2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best of everything

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Base Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Best of everything
By S Lillard on

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

At first when I drove the Sport Trac I remember thinking that it drove more like a car than a truck. I had just gave my reliable F-150 to my son-in-law prior to buying the Sport Trac from an acquaintance. The previous truck had given me 269,000 miles and was still running strong and looked newer than the 1995 that it was. I was now hoping the Sport Trac would be as loyal. Now at 100,000 and going strong without any problems thus far. I live in the country, use the Sport Trac as a dirt road explorer, and love driving it. It looks good and it feels good.

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seats that give half options, rear window that rolls all or partial way. Stereo that can be controlled by rear occupants as well as the air condition controls in the rear. There's a bed port for coolers, etc. compass and digital thermometer, leather seats, moon roof, adjustable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the option of opening the rear tail gate by swing also in addition to lift.