2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
my sport trac 2001
By cwood0716 on 04/10/12 19:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Sport Trac used, it had 36,000 miles when i got it. It has over a hundred thousand now. I have had it for about 6 years and I love it.I have hauled everything I needed to haul on it.I have the roll down window, I just stick lumber right through the window if it is too long for the bed.I have had very little repair over the years and it still looks and runs great. I love the body style and it is a rugged little truck.I look forward to at least 6 more years with it.My truck is an automatic, this site did not give me the option to pick auto trans.

Sport Trac
By Momof2 on 08/30/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased with 75 mi on it, now at 160000. Bought Gold Warranty, will never purchase again, it covered nothing. Transmission came "unsealed" at 16k mi, said it was normal wear and tear. Continued transmission issues, gaskets come unsealed often and the electrical issues are huge. Windows won't roll up and down, door locks wont work, even manually (can only get in through passenger manual key lock). Constant repairs.

210,000---Need I say more
By Jen on 09/11/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

210,000 miles has not broke down once! No motor problems at all. Now that I wrote this review it will probably break down---right! (Actually I am knocking on wood). I think I have been very lucky with this truck. Do and would recommend to anyone.

Fun to drive. No problems. Treats me well
By UAFIJISPORTRAC on 06/04/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have only owned mine for a few months, but going from a 95 Ranger to this, is great. It runs great, never had any problem, had to replace rear main seal, and just got new brakes all around. It treats me well and looks awesome on the road. I love the versatility it has, I can haul 5 people and lots of stuff in the bed. If you don't have one, get the bed extender, it's great and gives you the extra space you need. I just moved and carried tons of furniture in it. I love this truck!

2001 Ford Sport Trac
By Charles Shaffer on 05/08/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It will be a year in June 2008 since I bought it. Have had trouble with bad vibration in the whole truck, in the steering, and front end. Mechanic said the owners of the truck who had purchased it new had under the new warranty to get it fixed. The power steering pump has to be replaced with a bigger valve in it along with some other things concerning the pump. This is what is causing the vibration. Could cost me at least $1000 to fix it. Not a happy camper.

My Sport Trac
By Candy on 06/14/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my Sport Trac. I have really enjoyed the versatility of the truck. I did have trouble with the belt sounding like crickets. After getting the tensioner pulley replaced the belt doesn't make the noises anymore.

Best of everything
By S Lillard on 05/05/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

At first when I drove the Sport Trac I remember thinking that it drove more like a car than a truck. I had just gave my reliable F-150 to my son-in-law prior to buying the Sport Trac from an acquaintance. The previous truck had given me 269,000 miles and was still running strong and looked newer than the 1995 that it was. I was now hoping the Sport Trac would be as loyal. Now at 100,000 and going strong without any problems thus far. I live in the country, use the Sport Trac as a dirt road explorer, and love driving it. It looks good and it feels good.

Best Truck I've Ever Owned
By J Ketchum on 03/02/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was driving to the Jeep dealer to trade in and buy a new Jeep when I saw the Sport Trac. I stopped and looked at the truck, with no sales pressure I went for a test drive and loved every minute. I got a great price and drove home. After 105k miles this truck has never let me down. I can`t say this about the imports I've owned.

By schermen on 01/19/05 22:14 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

During summer enjoy rolling rear window down, open sun roof, feels very open. Negative is poor gas mileage. Have over 90,000 miles on it; had to replace A/C & front end parts. When in 2WD in rain or snow it gets pretty scary without weight. 4WD has a ghost, turns on and off by itself. Nice looking truck though. Bought 100,000 mile warranty; haven't spent much on repairs because of that.

Satisfied
By Scott Moore on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ive throughly enjoy this City version of a truck. Meets all nddes of my busy family.

1 2 3 4 5 next »