Great Family Car
By chrismc2 on
2011 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
I bought a 2011 Expedition in 2012. Searched for long time and found one that had been dealer car, got it with 13,500 miles for 13,000 dollars off new price. Front bucket cloth seats are the most comfortable I have ever had. Makes long trips with the family and short trips a pleasure. It handles extremly well and has plenty of power in town and on highway. It has enough power and handling for man, and makes women feel secure and riding higher than other cars. All 8 seats will fit average size adults very comfortably. With the third row down it seats 5 with HUGE cargo space. I do not often write reviews, but had to this time because this is one of, if not the best SUV I have ever owned.
Favorite Features
Seats - comfort for the front and plenty of leg space for all 6 other seats, Power - it has take off in city and passing power on highway, keypad on outside of drivers door - you can leave keys in console then when you get back just use the code on door,you do not realize how convenient that is until you try it. Cargo space with third row down, even with third row up you can just open glass on back and put all your groceries between back door and third row seat, so you do not have to put it up and down.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel mileage - I don't care what the specs say you are only going to get 15.8 mpg in city and 17 mpg on highway. I measured this by how much gas I put in vs miles driven over several months. The computer in the car will tell you it is getting better gas mileage, but I do not know what kind of math it is using.