2011 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Awesome SUV built to handle the worst
By txag1995 on 05/08/13 09:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the vehicle new and it now has 84000 miles on it after 26 months. I use it daily on construction sites and as a family vehicle. This vehicle sees extreme duty on the job site. There are days that I come home covered in mud and the engine has not shut off since I got in it that morning. No rattles, no creaks, no loose parts, no engine issues, tires never need alignment, getting about 65000 miles per set of tires and it handles great. If you are looking for a full size SUV give the Expedition a shot. I used to have a Tahoe and older Sequoia and the Expy is my favorite of the three.

Great Family Car
By chrismc2 on 05/02/13 16:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Expedition in 2012. Searched for long time and found one that had been dealer car, got it with 13,500 miles for 13,000 dollars off new price. Front bucket cloth seats are the most comfortable I have ever had. Makes long trips with the family and short trips a pleasure. It handles extremly well and has plenty of power in town and on highway. It has enough power and handling for man, and makes women feel secure and riding higher than other cars. All 8 seats will fit average size adults very comfortably. With the third row down it seats 5 with HUGE cargo space. I do not often write reviews, but had to this time because this is one of, if not the best SUV I have ever owned.

Impressed!
By rlamascus on 09/05/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Thought I would never buy a Ford again but buying a travel trailer and needing the perfect tow vehicle made me check out the Expedition. Am I glad I did. Roomy, comfortable, great features, good ride, and drives like a big, solid hunk of metal on all road surfaces. Stable in wind, good on wet surfaces and in the mountains. Get the 3.73 rear end if you want to tow and get better acceleration with no mpg penalty. The nav system is quite good as is the sound system and flexibility of options. So far, I could not be more pleased. Oh yeah, folding power 3rd seat makes for easy loading and extra passenger space. Perfect tow vehicle.

2nd Expedition
By yblockv8 on 07/04/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our 2001 Expedition bought new was such a difference from having all pickup trucks and lasted us 139,000 miles and was GREAT. This 2011 model is far and away a diffferent animal; stronger, way more powerful and quiet; combined some features of the old Eddie Bauer. We added and K&N air filter. The truck now has 9,000 miles on it, gets 15.5 around town and from our home in Vegas to Phoenix netted 22 MPG! Trailer towing...the 6-speed gets you going faster in 1-2-3, 4th gear is about the same and it seems to like 5th for towing; 65 MPH nets 2,200 RPM's. Mileage is 10.5 overall, besting the 2001 truck by 1.5 MPG. DO NOT TOW with SRC engaged! In crosswinds it does strange things.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Expedition Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*