Used 2011 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

2nd Best mom car!
By Debbie

2011 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am a Ford girl. My cars for the past 30+ years have been Ford SUV products with the exception of a Chevy Suburban, which did not last in our home long. My prior car to this was my favorite, the Ford Excursion. I went back to the Expedition as I had one before the Excursion. I have 3 very busy, active teens and college age kids. We are an outdoor family with horses and boats. The pulling capacity is definitely not that of the Excursion, but, it's not on the same frame, which is one of my biggest let downs. We pull 2 horses on long hauls and 3 on short and our boat with no issue. It is a smooth ride and I can get 12 - 14 mpg pulling. It holds 8 adults comfortably with easy in and out of the back seat and still has room in the rear cargo area. It is a King Ranch and has lots of extras, but, disappointed in the wear of the leather. As a horse person, the saddle leather interiors were a draw and I hoped for better wear on the seats. The blue tooth is not so hot, sounds like your in a wind tunnel to those on the other end. We bought it right after the Japan Tsunami, so we are without Navigation, it was not available, and our back up camera is not in the dash it is in the rear view mirror, still helpful, but, definitely not ideal. We have had no major engine or transmission issues and will be purchasing another, probably our last large SUV in the next year. It is a solid, reliable vehicle backed by a great company. You won't go wrong and probably will be back for another! Great job Ford, but, please bring us something a little heavier in the frame in an SUV! It will make pulling/towing a lot better and I won't have to fight my husband for his F250!