2010 EL a joke
By mbergthold on
2010 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
This is my wife's dream car. My evaluation after 2 weeks and a 3 hr road trip is that it's an expensive vehicle. I've been a Ford guy for years - no more. The 5.4 V8 has no guts, even with 6 spd downshifts. I loved my 97F150, but this is no truck, even with improvements, the 2010 is a dog. In wind it wallows, handles like a brick. 7500 miles between oil changes? Great way to engineer increased engine wear, which is NOT covered by warranty - engine will be excessively worn before 100k, leaking oil and low compression, thanks to longer oil changes. To top it off, you get a front headrest that is uncomfortable and nonadjustable. Last Ford ever. I hate this vehicle.
Favorite Features
Impressive looking. Love the Ford total maint service plan - let a factory trained Ford tech create problems you didn't have when you took it in for scheduled service! Our EL had to be kept for 3 days to repair - we drove a loaner home after signing papers.
Suggested Improvements
Increase power, redesign front headrests, give it a real suspension. Reminds me of the first generation Explorers - made for the KMart parking lot.