Used 2010 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love my Expedition!
By tdezzutti

2010 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We LOVE our 2010 Expedition! When car shopping we were looking at Acadia's and Enclaves, but when the I test drove the Expedition I was in LOVE! I was so impressed, it drove like a car! I love that adults can actually sit comfortably in the third row plus we have plenty of cargo space. I am a mom of three kiddos and two 120 pound dogs so we love our Expedition on road trips cause everyone has plenty of room! I average about 14.5 mpg in city and 20-21 mpgs on HWY if I'm not romping on it LOL. I think the Expedition is a great family friendly vehicle that will not only keep your family safe but is also a stylish ride for moms like me who do not want to do the mini van =)

Favorite Features

My favorite feature, hmmm would have to be all the safety features!

What is up with these windows? This will be my last
By ksimon1115

2010 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd and most expensive expedition. I bought a Limited edition with almost every option available. One thing that had frustrated me with the Expedition is the power windows. Forget these lemons opening during the winter. None of them open when the weather is cold. Now, in the middle of summer, my passenger side window has failed. A week later, my driver side window has failed. I'm looking at over $700 in repairs on power windows that continue to work on every other model car in the world! This, on a $55,000 car less than 2 years old. Ford could use their celebrated profits and hire an engineer who can design a power window that actually works! My last Expedtion.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. Ride is fairly smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm, how about windows that work for more than a couple of months. Design a cargo net. That's not too tough. Then, create an engine that doesn't need all 8 cylinders running on the interstate. Great idea thought up by a competitor that I hear actually works.

Ford Expedition is awesome
By nybanker

2010 Ford Expedition SUV EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought a preonwed expedition and I love it I looked around at all the cometition including the QX56 . The QX I would have to say is a POS in comparison to the expedition it felt tinny and the technology is lame in comparison to the Expedition .. The biggest selling feature was the fact that parts like brakes and rotors are like 1 tenth the price of the infinity and there are like 4000 Ford dealers across the county and like 500 infinity ... Plus it feels good to buy american , I cant see in this day and age buying a japanese car they just seem to be cheaply made ...

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

None the vehicle is absolutley perfect in every way ...

Do not buy ford
By backdr10

2010 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third expedition that I have owned . Ford's customer service has not changed since 2003. I spent over 50 k on this vehicle and after 800 miles , 3 dealerships, and 6 visits to the shops I still have a vibration in the front end. The people at Ford try to tell you that its normal and that nothing is wrong , but with each visit tires are rebalanced -taken off of the rims rotated and still a vibration. So one tire is found to be bad and replaced, but nothing is being done about the others that will not keep a balance. Ford completely insults my intelligence and treats me as if I am crazy. This is a damned joke. It does not matter if you are loyal to Ford and it certainly does not mat

Suggested Improvements

hire employees who give a crap about the customers spending their hard earned money on their product

Bad electric motors
By Frankfixer

2010 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 expedition on November 9,2009 and on November 15th for the first time for the power window motor, they said it was fine and just greased it up, which was the beginning of my nightmare. Its now a year later n has been in for the same issue 9 times. Still not fixed. Of course when you bring it in for them to fix it the issue goes away and they continue to tell me there's nothing wrong with it cause they don't see what happens. I am a Ford man all my life. Thinking of buying a different vehicle.