2009 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love it
By paula on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Expedition Limited has been a great vehicle for our family of 5. We haven't had any mechanical issues and it drives like a dream. The gas mileage isn't too bad for this type of vehicle. I have considered downsizing but I have a hard time giving up the luxury. I really like the look and comfort.

Bad dash
By rudy on 07/27/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Living in Nevada the dash gauges need to be redesigned. At night its fine you could see the dash but during the day with the sun it is difficult to see especially with the lights on We have many roads that require daylight lights on driving. Also with the chrome on the dash it reflects in my mirrors. Plus the amount of fiberglass parts I am afraid if I got hit I would be sitting on the chassis. Not like my 2000 Expedition steel bumpers etc.

2009 ford expedition
By Johnny Wishbone on 07/04/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2009 Ford Expedition 2 wheel drive. Had it home for a day and the transmission broke. The dealer had it for a week and fixed it then it broke again while they test drove it. Had it for a couple more days. They gave me an antifreeze flush for free but still not sure about the transmission. Going on a big trip, I hope it makes it. still under warranty but will wreck the vacation if it fails. I paid $ 25k for it , Is that good? Say a prayer for me. I am going to need it.

Love it for the most Part!!
By Cargile4 on 10/29/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We had looked at the expeditions before buying a Yukon XL. Went from that to a prius and then finally found the expedition, should have bought one in the first place. Never been a ford person but I love this car. It handles well, it's cozy, and there is plenty of room in the third row. One of the best features is the ease of getting in and out of the third row. One thing to consider is more storage SOMEWHERE. The console is good size, but that is it. There isn't anything for an emergency kit, first air, nothing. I have my owners manual in between my seat and the console so I can use the gb for other things. With the ac seats there isn't even any under there. Otherwise I LOVE LOVE IT!

Great Car....Second One
By Amanda on 10/10/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you want or need an SUV, this is the one. Traded a 2002 Ford Expedition for the new 2009. Ford really stepped this one up. The interior on the Limited is a good as you get, performance, handling, comfort and road noise are excellent. Around town or on the road it is great. I wouldn't buy if you are looking for great fuel economy, but what large SUV has it? Great for the family for travel or going out in a nice car. I bought the black on black with all the options.

Nice Truck
By Ben on 07/14/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Make no mistake about it, this is a truck. A very, very nice truck. I am a former multiple Suburban owner that had an Expedition in the '90s. There was no comparison between the Expedition and the Suburban just as there is no longer any comparison between the Suburban and the redesigned 2009 Expedition. This truck is quiet, rides very well and is absolutely thought through from the front bumper to back-up camera. The gauges are easy to read, the stereo has over the top sound quality, the power fold down rear seats are incredible and the backup camera is well designed and displayed. Compare - there is no comparison.

She loves it !
By Jeff on 04/30/09 12:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Solid, safe and smooth ride with room for the dog, golf clubs and lots of girlfriends. What else could a gal want. Best Ford interior I have ever experienced and not one problem so far. Better than I can say for the X- 5 I am driving. Ford really has raised the bar with the Expedition and I paid less for it that my last Explorer (2003)!

Expedition EL Review
By JenTaylor on 01/28/09 12:19 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2007 expedition EL that was totaled in an accident. Looked around and the 2009 was still the best for us. The fold down seats are so wonderful when I have that "emergency" with more kids to haul around. I currently have 2 car seats in the car and was able to have 5 adults and 3 children with Car Seats and 2 full size strollers in the cargo area. Then dropped the one family off, folded down the seats and went grocery shopping. Also this hugh car turns on a dime, U- turns in tight corners are no problem. The transmission seems to give more power to this vehicle over the 2007.

2009 Expedition Limited
By RajaReMax on 01/19/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the new 2009 Limited Expedition 1 week ago and love it. The power, luxury and features are all wonderful. I compared the Tahoe, Sequoia & Expedition and without any question, the Expedition was the best value and most luxurious of them all. The Tahoe drove & sounded like my dad's 1976 Caprice Classic from 33 years ago and the mechanics seemed about as old... The Sequoia looked and felt like a huge grey elephant, although had the typical Toyota quality feel to it. The Expedition had it all and was the best when it came to power, luxury and comfort. The 2009 Nav/Sinc system, stereo, and complete list of amenities was unbelievable, not to mention it feels solid as an LS430!

Great SUV
By Happy Okie on 01/18/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this SUV. Great steering and control. Very easy to drive. Impressive interior design and great looks. Very smooth and quiet. Love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.